This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone In Md Or East Coast?

KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Hey everyone:)

I'm just here looking for anyone from Maryland or even along the east coast to chat with. It would be nice to get to know more people who have celiac and like to do things I like to do. I'm not looking for a date :P I'm looking to find friends to hang out with or chat with.

I'm 18, I really like sports(football, baseball, nascar, softball, basketball,swimming,etc. ok you get the point :lol:), music,yoga,reading, college(ok I know who likes school :blink: but I love my major), and just pretty much anything that's fun to do :)

Feel free to post here or PM me....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nini

I'm in the Metro Atlanta area... actually Marietta, GA... Big Chicken Town...

I am 36, married, massage therapist, mom to a cute celiac kid... and I write articles for my local co op on Gluten Free living. I am starting a side business as a Gluten Free Lifestyle Consultant... Helping newly diagnosed Celiacs find local resources for good gluten-free foods, local restaurants that are gluten-free friendly, and helping hook them up with support groups...

So far it's not a "money making" business, just a service to help fellow Celiacs.

This Sat. actually, I am doing a talk at the local co op "Life Grocery" in their Cafe on Gluten Free Party Planning... I also talked the Cafe Mgmt. and Staff into having the first Gluten Free Day in the Cafe too where everything served on the menu and hot bar and salad bar is all gluten free!

It's this Sat. 9/3/05 all day in the cafe and I will be speaking from 12-2 ...

that's me in a nutshell!

jmengert Enthusiast

Hi, Kaiti--I know what you mean. I don't know a single person with Celiac disease, and that's why I love this board--it'd be great to talk to someone more regularly who has celiac disease.

Anyhoo, I'm on the east coast. I live in Blacksburg, VA, but my parents live in northern VA, and I'm up there once a month or so. I'll be 26 Sept. 11, and I teach composition at Virginia Tech (and I love school, so I'm with ya' there!). I like to dance, and I'm into yoga. My favorite hobby is reading. And I love college football!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
Hi, Kaiti--I know what you mean.  I don't know a single person with Celiac disease, and that's why I love this board--it'd be great to talk to someone more regularly who has celiac disease.

Anyhoo, I'm on the east coast.  I live in Blacksburg, VA, but my parents live in northern VA, and I'm up there once a month or so.  I'll be 26 Sept. 11, and I teach composition at Virginia Tech (and I love school, so I'm with ya' there!).  I like to dance, and I'm into yoga.  My favorite hobby is reading.  And I love college football!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of my friends used to go to VA Tech..for his first year of college. His name is Chris. You might know him...how long have you been there?

What kind of books do you like to read? I love to read too.

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I live in Georgia right now but was born in Maryland and visit my family and such up there. I usully go to Perry Hall and Edgemere. I can let you know the next time I am up there, if you want.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
I live in Georgia right now but was born in Maryland and visit my family and such up there.  I usully go to Perry Hall and Edgemere.  I can let you know the next time I am up there, if you want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, definitely let me know when your around here. :D I should have talked to more people from Georgia a few weeks ago. We went to Albany, GA. It was a very short trip for my dads business so we left here(14 hour drive) and came back 3 days later so talk about a very short trip. I believe we stayed by Atlanta the first night we were there.

jmengert Enthusiast

I've taught a lot of first year students, so I may know your friend.

I like reading all kinds of things, though my favorite books for pleasure are mysteries or historical fiction. I like Stephen King, Jodi Poucault, Patricia Cornwell, and historical fiction set in the Elizabethan era. I read so much for teaching that when I read for pleasure I like to escape and read pretty mindless stuff.

How about you? What do you like to read?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
I've taught a lot of first year students, so I may know your friend.

I like reading all kinds of things, though my favorite books for pleasure are mysteries or historical fiction.  I like Stephen King, Jodi Poucault, Patricia Cornwell, and historical fiction set in the Elizabethan era.  I read so much for teaching that when I read for pleasure I like to escape and read pretty mindless stuff.

How about you?  What do you like to read?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read alot of health related books....they just really intrigue me for some reason. I guess it makes sense considering my major is Dietetics and I love that too. I do love to read a good mystery though and some romance novels are fun to read sometimes too but for the most part I read alot on health.

I bet you have at least met my friend before. Small world :D

Carriefaith Enthusiast
It would be nice to get to know more people who have celiac and like to do things I like to do.... I'm looking to find friends to hang out with or chat with.
I know what you mean! I'm from PEI, Canada (north-east from Maryland) and I know a few people here who have celiac, but most of them are all older than me. The majority of people at the last celiac meeting I went to here were seniors. It's really too bad that we all didn't live closer together.
Lauren M Explorer

Hey everyone!

"Home" for me is Gettysburg, PA, I work in Howard County, MD, I go to school in Philadelphia, and I'm moving to New Jersey soon. So yep, I've got Maryland and the East Coast covered! :)

I'm 23, enjoy reading, horseback riding, horses and animals in general. I work for a horse magazine.

Kaiti - do you go to school in Frederick? I'm pretty familiar with Frederick - I drive through there to get to work and I sometimes go there to shop, etc. (b/c there is no civilization around me!) In fact, I'm going there to see a movie tomorrow :D

- Lauren

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
Hey everyone!

"Home" for me is Gettysburg, PA, I work in Howard County, MD, I go to school in Philadelphia, and I'm moving to New Jersey soon. So yep, I've got Maryland and the East Coast covered! :)

I'm 23, enjoy reading, horseback riding, horses and animals in general. I work for a horse magazine.

Kaiti - do you go to school in Frederick? I'm pretty familiar with Frederick - I drive through there to get to work and I sometimes go there to shop, etc. (b/c there is no civilization around me!) In fact, I'm going there to see a movie tomorrow :D

- Lauren

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I live near the Frederick area. And we have plenty of civilization there...let me tell you probably too much of it lol. I have to admit they have some pretty good places to shop though-that is if you can get to the places through the traffic.

They have a really nice movie theater up there that is kind of new...I'm not sure which one you are going to because there are a few up there.

Which horse magazine do you work for? I have friends who live in Howard County. I am familiar with pretty much the whole area around here because I have lived here pretty much my whole life.

Lauren M Explorer
I live near the Frederick area. And we have plenty of civilization there...let me tell you probably too much of it lol. I have to admit they have some pretty good places to shop though-that is if you can get to the places through the traffic.

They have a really nice movie theater up there that is kind of new...I'm not sure which one you are going to because there are a few up there.

Which horse magazine do you work for? I have friends who live in Howard County. I am familiar with pretty much the whole area around here because I have lived here pretty much my whole life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I think Frederick is growing a little too fast for itself! The roads and stuff can't keep up - I always get stuck in traffic coming home through Frederick. I'm going to the theater in that new-ish shopping center (the one that has Ann Taylor Loft and a Starbucks by the entrance)... I forget what the theater itself is called.

I work for a magazine called The Equiery. Our office is close to Mt. Airy. It's kind of the middle of nowhere haha... www.equiery.com B)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
Yep, I think Frederick is growing a little too fast for itself! The roads and stuff can't keep up - I always get stuck in traffic coming home through Frederick. I'm going to the theater in that new-ish shopping center (the one that has Ann Taylor Loft and a Starbucks by the entrance)... I forget what the theater itself is called.

I work for a magazine called The Equiery. Our office is close to Mt. Airy. It's kind of the middle of nowhere haha... www.equiery.com  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I know where you are talking about..I always go to Starbucks before or after I go see a movie there. It's one of the Westview theaters...very nice theater there in my opinion...probably because it was built not too long ago.

Your work is not too far away from me...I told you more in the PM I sent you though.

Diosa Apprentice

Hi! I'm on the East Coast, but I'm up by Boston MA (North Shore). I'm 34 years old, a computer virus analyst (geek! :D ) and the only other interesting tidbit is that I'm getting married in October.

I don't know many celiacs around here, though I work with one, but I don't get to talk with him much as he travels extensively. I hope you don't mind me posting in here. :)

KMcClee Newbie
Hi!  I'm on the East Coast, but I'm up by Boston MA (North Shore).  I'm 34 years old, a computer virus analyst (geek! :D ) and the only other interesting tidbit is that I'm getting married in October.

I don't know many celiacs around here, though I work with one, but I don't get to talk with him much as he travels extensively.  I hope you don't mind me posting in here. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Beth,

We have a lot in common! I live in MA as well. But west of Boston. I Work in Newton as a Sales Engineer in high tech (Geek :D ). I am 37 (almost 38) and married with 2 stepsons.

I had positive ELISA IGA and IGG tests about 4 weeks ago.

I don't know anyonw with Gluten Intolerance or Celiac's and my diagnosis is new. I would love to chat sometime.

KJ

maxcarr Newbie
Hi!  I'm on the East Coast, but I'm up by Boston MA (North Shore).  I'm 34 years old, a computer virus analyst (geek! :D ) and the only other interesting tidbit is that I'm getting married in October.

I don't know many celiacs around here, though I work with one, but I don't get to talk with him much as he travels extensively.  I hope you don't mind me posting in here. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Beth, I'm on the North Shore too, in Manchester...where are you??

debmidge Rising Star

Lauren M.: Where in NJ are you moving to?

Deb M.

pixiegirl Enthusiast

I'm on Cape Cod and I'm a former perl programmer (former geek) I'm now a stock broker!

Susan :P

Lauren M Explorer

Deb,

I'm moving to Deptford, NJ. Are you familiar with the town?

- Lauren

knvb78 Apprentice

Hi Kaiti,

How are you? I live in New Jersey, about 30 minutes from NYC. Im 36 and married. I met my wife in Holland, I was stationed there in USAF. And she just came over here in April, after all the visa paperwork etc. I have 1 class left for my BA, taking the class on-line. Well, I would like to keep in contact whenever possible. Good luck with school. Oh Im planning a trip to Annapolis, MD soon, any suggestions? Take care.

-Joe

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Joe-

PM me or email me sometime to keep in contact. I can definitely help you out with some places to visit while your up here.

I also do some online courses right now, love it because I can actually have a life while I'm in school at least for now :lol:

Talk to you soon :)

LRgirl Explorer

Hi Katie,

I live in Ellicott city, Md. I see you are starting college soon. What college are you going to? I went to Towson University, graduated in 2001. I have a degree in psychology, but I work in IT. It's really great so many celiacs are on the eastcoast. We should all keep in touch.

Traci

Diosa Apprentice
Hi Beth,

We have a lot in common! I live in MA as well. But west of Boston. I Work in Newton as a Sales Engineer in high tech (Geek  :D ). I am 37 (almost 38) and married with 2 stepsons.

I had positive ELISA IGA and IGG tests about 4 weeks ago.

I don't know anyonw with Gluten Intolerance or Celiac's and my diagnosis is new. I would love to chat sometime.

KJ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know Newton a bit. My ex worked at Brandeis, so we drove by newton all the time.

I would love to chat sometime. I was only diagnosed this past May so I can only imagine how you feel. I know for myself I'm still a bit narked off. ;) But yeah, I'd love to chat and/or share recipes.

Diosa Apprentice
Hey Beth, I'm on the North Shore too, in Manchester...where are you??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm technically in Lynn, but I'm 3 blocks from the beach and Swampscott. I love it here. :)

Diosa Apprentice
I'm on Cape Cod and I'm a former perl programmer (former geek) I'm now a stock broker!

Susan        :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow!! How cool is that?! I wouldn't mind being a geek on the Cape. ;) How do you find tourist season?

How did you go from programming to stock broker?

Archived