This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone In Md Or East Coast?

KaitiUSA

Lauren M Explorer
I'm 22, and not recently diagnosed at all! Been diagnosed for about 20 years now.

I live in Southern Pennsylvania, but find myself often in South Jersey where I grew up (in Washington Township). I'm always looking for new friends, not to mention people to meet and talk to who understand the plight of eating gluten free :)

Samantha

Hey Samantha! I just moved from Deptford, NJ to the Maryland area, and my parents live in south-central PA. Are you more toward Philly?

- Lauren

• 3 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jacwheeler Newbie
Hey everyone!

"Home" for me is Gettysburg, PA, I work in Howard County, MD, I go to school in Philadelphia, and I'm moving to New Jersey soon. So yep, I've got Maryland and the East Coast covered! :)

I'm 23, enjoy reading, horseback riding, horses and animals in general. I work for a horse magazine.

Kaiti - do you go to school in Frederick? I'm pretty familiar with Frederick - I drive through there to get to work and I sometimes go there to shop, etc. (b/c there is no civilization around me!) In fact, I'm going there to see a movie tomorrow :D

- Lauren

Hi there. I live 20 minutes North of Philadelphia and about 20 minutes from Trenton. So I've got those 2 states covered. My 2 stepcousins and Aunt love to ride horses. They have 2 and do a show every weekend it seems. My Aunt also shoots all the shows and then has a website business where people can buy her photos. Here is her link if you're interested or have run across her in shows Open Original Shared Link

Philadelphia and the New Jersey area has a lot to offer for gluten-free people. If you have any questions just let me know!

Open Original Shared Link

Lauren M Explorer
Hi there. I live 20 minutes North of Philadelphia and about 20 minutes from Trenton. So I've got those 2 states covered. My 2 stepcousins and Aunt love to ride horses. They have 2 and do a show every weekend it seems. My Aunt also shoots all the shows and then has a website business where people can buy her photos. Here is her link if you're interested or have run across her in shows Open Original Shared Link

Oh wow, how cool! Where does your Aunt live? I'm wondering if I've seen her at some shows before. I was looking at her website, but didn't see a location. You can PM me if you prefer.

(By the way, since my quote post was originally made in 9/05, I have moved to New Jersey, and recently back to Maryland, now in Frederick since Jan of this year. Time flies...)

- Lauren

• 4 months later...
Guest keegans_mommy

I live in Marshall, VA. It's about 45 min. west of D.C. and really not too far from those who live in Fairfax :) I am new to this site and to the Celiac life and would like to know of places to eat out! I feel so alone in this!

jmengert Enthusiast

My parents live in Marshall, VA, and I go up there to visit fairly often. While I don't eat out anymore (too many other intolerances), the IGA in town has a fairly good gluten-free selection, as does Bloom. IGA used to have even more products, when I was first diagnosed, but they do take special requests/orders.

When I was still eating out, I went to the Outback in Warrenton, Fairfax, and Centreville, never having a problem at any of them. There's also a Bonefish in Gainesville, which has a gluten-free menu, but I got sick from that one.

Guest keegans_mommy
My parents live in Marshall, VA, and I go up there to visit fairly often. While I don't eat out anymore (too many other intolerances), the IGA in town has a fairly good gluten-free selection, as does Bloom. IGA used to have even more products, when I was first diagnosed, but they do take special requests/orders.

When I was still eating out, I went to the Outback in Warrenton, Fairfax, and Centreville, never having a problem at any of them. There's also a Bonefish in Gainesville, which has a gluten-free menu, but I got sick from that one.

No way! I wonder if I know them ;) We've only lived here for 6 years this Dec. though :)

I have noticed that IGA does carry a good amount of specialties but they are expensive!!!! Bloom has some stuff too but I still find myself going to Whole Foods to get a bunch of stuff to suppliment. I can't find everything I want/need around here.

The Outback recommendations are great! Thank you :) I've never been to Bonefish before, all seafood huh? It's nice to "meet" you :)

jmengert Enthusiast

Yeah, it's a small world! My parents have lived there about 7 or 8 years now, I guess. It would be funny if you knew them!

IGA *is* expensive. I buy certain things there when I'm up that way, but I still do a lot of shopping at the Whole Foods in Fairfax.

I hope the Outbacks work for you; I got glutened horribly by one down here where I live, but I was okay with the ones up in that area. I would just be very clear with your needs and try to go during an off time.

Bonefish had great food--it's mostly seafood, and it's a bit pricey, but it's good. However, since I got sick there, I haven't been back. This was shortly after they opened, so hopefully they are better with the gluten-free options now.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 months later...
razzlephrat Newbie

Another Maryland-er here.

Well, Baltimorian..sadly. haha

I don't know anyone here with Celiacs. :(

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Another Maryland-er here.

Well, Baltimorian..sadly. haha

I don't know anyone here with Celiacs. :(

I am in PA but Welcome to the Board :) Baltimore if about an hour and half from me :)

razzlephrat Newbie
I am in PA but Welcome to the Board :) Baltimore if about an hour and half from me :)

Awesome, my dad lives in PA about 30 minutes from me. If you don't mind me asking where about? (He lives in the Felton/Red Lion area)

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I'm in Harrisburg, well the Harrisburg area.

Guest Jemenii36

Hey everyone- I am from New Jersey and new to this site (it seems so confusing!)...I am 20 years old...soon to be 21...has everyone been diagnosed with celiac disease recently or living with it for awhile?

Archived