18 replies to this topic

#16 surviormom

surviormom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

gluten-free oatmeal does bother some Celiacs.  Most "experts" recommend you not eat it until you have been gluten-free 6 months - 2 years.  Seems to differ.  I think they mean you shouldn't eat it until you feel better (healed).

I do feel better today, I will leave the oatmeal for the kids.  I have to make cookies for school though fun., and will most likely breath the flour, the last time I did that I had a reaction with my sinuses, any tips?

Gluten Free 2012 - Dairy Free 2012 - Acid Reflux Diet 2013

Chronic Gastritis 2013 - Peptic Duodenitis 2013 - Hiatal Hernia 2013 - C-Diff 2013 - Endometriosis 2013 - Uterine Fibroids 2013

Patellar Tendonitis 2013 - Arthritis 2014 - NCGI 2014 - Erosive Esophagitis 2014 - Barretts 2014

I have a long list of physical ailments that were being grouped into age/gender by doctors.

Began Gluten Free and Casein Free after an Allergy Test trying to find answers to health problems that the doctors just were not answering well enough. Looking back through history, I have a lifetime of allergies and gastro issues.

Learn from yesterday, Live for today, and Hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

I do feel better today, I will leave the oatmeal for the kids.  I have to make cookies for school though fun., and will most likely breath the flour, the last time I did that I had a reaction with my sinuses, any tips?

We rarely make wheat cookies in our house.  I usually buy something or bring something different like strawberries.  The flour stays in the air and settles for about 24 hours.

When my hub has made wheat flour cookies, I clear all the counter around the mixer.  Put as much stuff as possible awaay or covered.  We have a shield on the mixer bowl that helps keep flour from flying.  Then I vacuum the flour and the counter the next day.  Or, he will measure & mix it on the porch.  Anything you get in your mouth or nose can end up in your stomach.  Maybe wear a dust mask?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#18 surviormom

surviormom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

We rarely make wheat cookies in our house.  I usually buy something or bring something different like strawberries.  The flour stays in the air and settles for about 24 hours.

When my hub has made wheat flour cookies, I clear all the counter around the mixer.  Put as much stuff as possible awaay or covered.  We have a shield on the mixer bowl that helps keep flour from flying.  Then I vacuum the flour and the counter the next day.  Or, he will measure & mix it on the porch.  Anything you get in your mouth or nose can end up in your stomach.  Maybe wear a dust mask?

Thank you.  I am stuck now, I have to do it.  Next month, when it comes up again, I will opt for fruit.    

Chronic Gastritis 2013 - Peptic Duodenitis 2013 - Hiatal Hernia 2013 - C-Diff 2013 - Endometriosis 2013 - Uterine Fibroids 2013

Patellar Tendonitis 2013 - Arthritis 2014 - NCGI 2014 - Erosive Esophagitis 2014 - Barretts 2014

I have a long list of physical ailments that were being grouped into age/gender by doctors.

Began Gluten Free and Casein Free after an Allergy Test trying to find answers to health problems that the doctors just were not answering well enough. Looking back through history, I have a lifetime of allergies and gastro issues.

Learn from yesterday, Live for today, and Hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

#19 surviormom

surviormom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Thank you.  I am stuck now, I have to do it.  Next month, when it comes up again, I will opt for fruit.    

This is good and had to share it.  I make these wonderful cookies that everyone loves, but they are full of gluten.  Well today, I made a batch gluten-free just to see how they would be.  I have been experimenting with my recipes for a few months.  They are better than the original.  My kids said they are AWESOME!  Problem solved, gluten-free cookies go to school next time.

Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: