6 replies to this topic

#1 captaincrab55

captaincrab55

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

Kim Kardashian was "flour bombed" Thursday night -- that is, someone hurled a baggie of flour at her -- as she arrived on the red carpet to market the launch of her new fragrance.

Was Kim K Assulted if the flour contained Gluten??? Does one need to have DH to be assulted??? Others in the crowd were exposed to the flour too... IMHO, Flour Bombs are an assult on one's health and should be prosecuted...
I'm a New Man Without GLUTEN!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

I saw that, too. I thought how awful that would be for Celiacs. I don't have DH but I'm sure you would swallow some by it getting in your mouth & breathing it in. The News said Kim asked that the " thrower" not be prosecuted.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 captaincrab55

captaincrab55

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:57 AM

I don't have DH but I'm sure you would swallow some by it getting in your mouth & breathing it in.

I have DH & just skin contact may cause an issue with me....
I'm a New Man Without GLUTEN!

#4 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

There are some that believe "no press is bad press."

I would not have willingly looked at another picture of K.K. if it weren't for a flour bomb.
Michigan

#5 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

My disgust for KK and her family aside, :rolleyes: :P

I would DEFINITELY press charges against someone if they flour bombed me. Gluten is poison to me and I would make sure the "thrower" was made aware that it is considered dangerous and life-threatening to me. (I do not have DH myself, but I am put down and out for weeks from gluten CC)

If nothing else, I would tie them up in court and get some press for the cause! :lol:

I wonder why the person chose flour as the weapon of choice??? why not a cream pie? :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6 Di2011

Di2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

My disgust for KK and her family aside, :rolleyes: :P

I would DEFINITELY press charges against someone if they flour bombed me. Gluten is poison to me and I would make sure the "thrower" was made aware that it is considered dangerous and life-threatening to me. (I do not have DH myself, but I am put down and out for weeks from gluten CC)

If nothing else, I would tie them up in court and get some press for the cause! :lol:

I wonder why the person chose flour as the weapon of choice??? why not a cream pie? :)

They are probably dairy intolerant!

#7 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

They are probably dairy intolerant!

:lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: