#46 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Prickly, Squirming and dani

You have helped me so much with the DH issue. I have been reading all the posts on this topic. I can't understand why Drs don't read patient forums. They could learn more than by reading the crap put out by the AMA.

The oddest thing has happened to me and I feel a little guilty about it after reading what a rough time some of you are having with this !%# crazy making disease. I woke up this morning and immediately realized I hadn't been scratching at all last night. It's 4.00 pm here and no itching. Well, I have rubbed a couple of old spots but nothing like usual. I cant believe it or explain it.

Well, if you've been gluten-free a while you probably can explain it :).

My "cycle" for DH runs about 2 weeks since I'm gluten-free (meaning when something goes wrong and I get a rash). I am always so thankful when the constant itching stops. Keep it moisturized and baby the skin.

And don't feel guilty, be happy!
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 dani nero

dani nero

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

Prickly, Squirming and dani

You have helped me so much with the DH issue. I have been reading all the posts on this topic. I can't understand why Drs don't read patient forums. They could learn more than by reading the crap put out by the AMA.

The oddest thing has happened to me and I feel a little guilty about it after reading what a rough time some of you are having with this !%# crazy making disease. I woke up this morning and immediately realized I hadn't been scratching at all last night. It's 4.00 pm here and no itching. Well, I have rubbed a couple of old spots but nothing like usual. I cant believe it or explain it.

I'm very glad you found an answer and that it's helping :-)
Self diagnosed January 2012, and on elimination, low-salicylate & low-iodine diet.
Also G6PD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: