Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

C-Section Due To Celiac?

13 posts in this topic

So I have 9 more weeks till my due date. (yayyy) :lol: at my appt yesterday the nurse said something about some people with Celiac have to have C-sections due to the increased risk and intolerance of pressure on the colon???? ANyone hear of this??? I see the doc in 2 weeks to see what she says about it.. either way i want what is better for my little Boy blessing.. but i was totally set on a Natural / unmedicated childbirth...the way God designed us to do it !!

Ads by Google:

So I have 9 more weeks till my due date. (yayyy) :lol: at my appt yesterday the nurse said something about some people with Celiac have to have C-sections due to the increased risk and intolerance of pressure on the colon???? ANyone hear of this??? I see the doc in 2 weeks to see what she says about it.. either way i want what is better for my little Boy blessing.. but i was totally set on a Natural / unmedicated childbirth...the way God designed us to do it !!

I have never heard this in almost seven years on this board. What increased risk? It's not a colon disorder. I think she knows nutting! B)

You should choose your method of birth. I can't see a reason where having Celiac would be a concern in your delivery. But as always, check with your doctor.

Is there a natural childbirth instructor available at your hospital?

Hmmmmm....I had both of my children naturally...and without complications. I don't know what she's talking about!

I personally hae heard the exact opposite. i googled c section & celiac & the research shows a higher incidence of celiac WITH a c section because the baby doesn't pass through the natural flora of the mother. definitely research that before you so what that nurse told me to do

No way.

richard

I'm calling total BS with that one!

And good luck with your labour and delivery. I refused any pitocin... but after six days of labour did give in to having an epidural ( for my sanity... and my husband's lol) ;)

Never heard of it!!

I lbet she's thinking of Chrohns. Not sure if that's a real require reccommendation for them either, but would make more sense.

I lbet she's thinking of Chrohns. Not sure if that's a real require reccommendation for them either, but would make more sense.

AFIK, it's not even recommended with Crohn's. My sister has Crohn's and has had two natural deliveries with no complications and a section was not ever recommended to her because of it.

And good luck with your labour and delivery. I refused any pitocin... but after six days of labour did give in to having an epidural ( for my sanity... and my husband's lol) ;)

Oh, you poor thing!

Jeez, you beat my 4 days of labor. I finally accepted pit and epi after I stalled @ 3 1/2 days. Baby was fine but I was exhausted and was afraid I'd end up with a c-section (and since we were sure I had Endometriosis we were all wanting to avoid that).

I do want to add, for all the pregnant ladies, that it wasn't 4 full days of hard labor. It was start and stop till the last 36 hours. No one will make you go any longer than you want without an epi, I promise.

That's sounds crazy! And like the other poster. I read the exact opposite. More babies who are born by c-section have celiac disease due to not going through the birth canal. (Of course I had both mine the reg. way and she has it anyway!)

but i was totally set on a Natural / unmedicated childbirth...the way God designed us to do it !!