5 replies to this topic

#1 K8ling

K8ling

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

They have been great in the past but I got it for lunch today.... Es no bueno. Within 20 minutes I was sick.

Anyone else had similar experiences? I'm not newly diagnosed, are my reactions supposed to be fast and furious?
Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Melissa Palomo

Melissa Palomo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

We don't have a MM here in So Cal but I did try one while in GA and was fine... but I guess that's the risk with places that serve both gluten-free & nonGF items - especially pizza places! Seems 3/4 times I can be fine eating out at regular places and the 4th I can get sick. You really just have to determine if the risk is worth it for you, kwim? My reactions seem to come very fast if I've had a significant amount of gluten (big screw up in the kitchen or something) - less if there wasn't much.

I'm Melissa. I am 28, diagnosed in August 2008. I'm a photographer and a blogger, too. :)

#3 robertdcd

robertdcd

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

They have been great in the past but I got it for lunch today.... Es no bueno. Within 20 minutes I was sick.

Anyone else had similar experiences? I'm not newly diagnosed, are my reactions supposed to be fast and furious?

K8ling,

I work with Mellow Mushroom and we are so sorry to hear about your experience you had recently. Could you please send us more details to web@mellowmushroom.com so we can investigate this further. Thank you so much!

#4 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

I've eaten at an MM once and was fine. My reaction takes a few hours to manifest itself, even when the gluten is more than just CC.

richard

#5 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

K8ling,

I work with Mellow Mushroom and we are so sorry to hear about your experience you had recently. Could you please send us more details to web@mellowmushroom.com so we can investigate this further. Thank you so much!

Well! That's pretty cool. B)
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#6 lynnelise

lynnelise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

As for the 20 minute fast and furious...not sure if it's normal but my reactions are always that fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: