This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Armpits Dh

GFreeMO

squirmingitch Veteran

I wish dh was a person so I could take it's nuts & wrap them with fishing line & tie it to the trailer hitch of a car & then drive slowly down an asphalt road dragging dh. Then I would stop & get out & take a 38 cal. pistol & shoot dh in one knee & then the other & then I would shoot dh in one elbow & then in the other. And then I would just stand there & watch dh while dh begged me to put it out of it's misery. And I would laugh.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Hopeful1950 Apprentice

:lol::D:rolleyes::):lol::lol::lol:

OMG! Thanks for a great start to my day!

GFreeMO Proficient

I agree! Especially since last night I was up at 3AM with ice packs and my hairdryer on cool. Ice..hair dryer..repeat....I writhed in pain for 2 days with period cramps broke down and took Aleve and the armpits are worse than ever. Period cramps..gone...dh severe. I guess we have to pick our battles.

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

I agree! Especially since last night I was up at 3AM with ice packs and my hairdryer on cool. Ice..hair dryer..repeat....I writhed in pain for 2 days with period cramps broke down and took Aleve and the armpits are worse than ever. Period cramps..gone...dh severe. I guess we have to pick our battles.

Can you find a gluten-free/cf version of Tylenol? It isn't in the same class and supposedly does not provoke DH. I used it an was fine.

Sorry you had a rough night. I think I'd slam down a few shots of something next time and hope for sleep.

squirmingitch Veteran

Oh dear, I'm feeling for you, I really am. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. And period cramps on top of the rest. It seems bound & determined to get you one way or another doesn't it?

I think I'd do like Prickly & do a couple 3 shots of something.

GFreeMO Proficient

Thank you. It's better this morning. There is no corn free Tylenol. Motrin and Advil give me severe intestinal issues. Aleve is pretty much corn free but not sals free at all. I only take it when I am having severe period pain. Like I said, I have to pick my battles. :unsure:

I agree 2 or 8 shots of something and hoping for sleep! Next time. :D

Thank you. It's better this morning. There is no corn free Tylenol. Motrin and Advil give me severe intestinal issues. Aleve is pretty much corn free but not sals free at all. I only take it when I am having severe period pain. Like I said, I have to pick my battles. :unsure:

I agree 2 or 8 shots of something and hoping for sleep! Next time. :D

Can you get a gluten-free/cf version from a compounding pharmacy? Many of them have online shops and ship.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFreeMO Proficient

Can you get a gluten-free/cf version from a compounding pharmacy? Many of them have online shops and ship.

I never thought about that. I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

squirmingitch Veteran

Great thinking Prickly!

Di2011 Enthusiast

Yes thank you thank you thankyou ! There is a compounding chemist only 5 minutes drive from home but had never though of that :)

• 2 weeks later...
GFreeMO Proficient

I found a compounding pharmacy not too far from my house. They said that I need a RX for corn free Tylenol. My doctors office said corn is gluten free . It is but I can't handle corn. I get intestinal reactions from it almost as bad as gluten. How do we get an RX for this?

Dr office told me to take Tylenol..duh..it has corn though. They said that I am still healing and that it's not the corn in the Tylenol. That is a complete line of BS since I can't have any corn at all and a lot of us celiacs react to corn.

squirmingitch Veteran

Yep, my compounding pharmacy says even though it's OTC medication the law requires a script for compounding ANYTHING. I just wanted sal free, iodine free, gluten-free Aleve.

Guess I get to go to a doctor & pay to get a script. sad.gif

Gluten-Free ---- that sucks! Are they stoopid?

I found a compounding pharmacy not too far from my house. They said that I need a RX for corn free Tylenol. My doctors office said corn is gluten free . It is but I can't handle corn. I get intestinal reactions from it almost as bad as gluten. How do we get an RX for this?

Dr office told me to take Tylenol..duh..it has corn though. They said that I am still healing and that it's not the corn in the Tylenol. That is a complete line of BS since I can't have any corn at all and a lot of us celiacs react to corn.

Call your doctor and ask to speak to the person who ISN'T an idiot? Geez. It's irrelevant why you react - the fact is that you do. Therefore, you need a script for some dang Tylenol without corn.

Good lord.

squirmingitch Veteran

Call your doctor and ask to speak to the person who ISN'T an idiot? Geez. It's irrelevant why you react - the fact is that you do. Therefore, you need a script for some dang Tylenol without corn.

Good lord.

Amen to that! But they like to play God.

RashyA Apprentice

Thanks everyone!!! Prickly, Vanicream really helped. Great stuff! Why would my corn allergy give me DH is what I am wondering. I get it from gluten and now corn..unless I was glutened and blamed it on the corn I drank in the soda. Who knows..Sometimes celiac is a complete mystery as to what made us sick. :huh:

I think I get reactions from corn also! So awful :(

My rash itches like crazy when I eat it. If u eat corn tortilla chips do u break out??

Can't decide if it's the corn or cause they're so salty?

I don't know if I can live without my chips and salsa too! :o

Archived