Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dh & Tattoos

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone out there got a Tattoo after being diagnosed with DH ?? If so, did you have any issues?? I recently gave some thought to Medic Alert Tattoos, in the event that I ever needed to wear one... My job and jewelry just don't mix.. My fingers never did get along with rings and my wife would like to see me wearing a Tattoo Wedding Band.. I'm not sure if that would happen, but I learned long ago to never say never..

Ads by Google:

I wouldn't recommend it. DH tends to flare in places where you get wounded, scratched, burned..... You get the picture. If it were me --- nuh uh!

I wouldn't recommend it. DH tends to flare in places where you get wounded, scratched, burned..... You get the picture. If it were me --- nuh uh!

Tattoos, unfortunately, are one of those things characterized as an autoimmune trigger.

Pretty, but no way I'd get one. I'd probably sprout feathers and grow a third boob or something.

I have one tatoo that I had for many many years before my DH blossomed. One and only one that I loved very much and never regretted getting.

Well, when I broke out on my upper back I got a couple of DH spots on the tattoo so I had my husband carefully cover it and I never scratched them even once no matter how bad they itched. It made no difference. They stayed there for at least three months and when they finally healed they had taken the ink out of my tatoo! So here are my thoughts:

1.) Yes, the mere act of getting a tattoo could cause a lovely patch of itching oozing blisters that could possibly result in a strange looking tattoo when all is said and done.

2.) Good tattoo art is expensive and eventually the DH will go there (it seems to go everywhere else)and ruin your investment.

Then there is the autoimmune connection. Scary. Because of that, I won't even get mine repaired as much as I love it.

I have multiple tatoos and have never had an issue with them even before I became gluten free.

I had minor DH outbreaks after going gluten free but those stopped after I eliminated iodized salt a couple years into the diet. I haven't had an outbreak now in years.

I have multiple tatoos and have never had an issue with them even before I became gluten free.

I had minor DH outbreaks after going gluten free but those stopped after I eliminated iodized salt a couple years into the diet. I haven't had an outbreak now in years.

Raven, Did you get any Tattoos after being diagnosed???