2 replies to this topic

#1 sharilee

sharilee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

It has been a little over a month since I was diagnosed with celiac disease and went gluten free. I improved but was still having problems so now the GI wants me to be lactose and soy free as well. When I was a baby I had a soy allergy but out grew it, the doctor said I may have redeveloped my soy allergy. As for lactose he said a lot of celiacs can not tolerate lactose especially when first diagnosed. I am finding it harder to avoid soy than gluten. Avoiding lactose is not hard as there a lot of lactose free products on the market but it seems soy is in everything.

Positive blood work July 2011
Negative Endoscopy August 2011
Positive Endoscopy February 23, 2012
Celiac Diagnosis February 23, 2012
Gluten Free since February 24, 2012

Shari

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Don't eat processed foods. Eat fresh or frozen fruits & veggies, fresh meats. Many celiacs have problems with soy & I am one of those. Also dairy at least at first until some healing happens enough for you to tolerate it.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#3 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi

Soy is like gluten they throw it in everything! You will find allergies to certain foods will seem to crop up more often. Most people never realized they had allergies to anything before going on the gluten-free lifestyle...When you body begins to heal & feel better it starts kicking out other things that make the intestinal system weak/ sluggish too..

Plus we are just more in tune with our body once going gluten-free... I think we begin to listen & understand that for instance that bloating, gassy, bleaching. fatigue feeling is coming from something we put in our mouths & not just the comedy farting hour.
Lots of goodies with out dairy...

Each person finds there own regime of no's no's.........

blessings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: