This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gf Eating In Seattle

dragonzzz

dragonzzz Newbie

If you live in the Seattle area I was wondering where you liked to eat out. What do you eat when you go there?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

I was up there last weekend, and will live there soon, but while there, we went to PF Changs, Z'Tejas, and got some stuff from the Flying Apron Bakery. All are quite celiac friendly. There's also Kalli's Kitchen, but I didn't get a chance to stop there.

dragonzzz Newbie

I've gotten things from The Flying Apron Bakery, but I have never heard of PF Changs or Z'Tejas. I will be sure to eat at them! :) Thanks for telling me!

• 4 weeks later...
Dittenheim Newbie

Kaili's Kitchen

In Firdale Village

9711 Firdale Ave.

Edmonds WA 98020

206-542-1462

1-877-664-5883

Kaili's Kitchen has moved (as of Oct. 1st, 2003) and is now open for lunch and dinner. Everything in her kitchen is gluten-free and everything tastes great! For a real worry-free, gluten-free dining out experience, visit Kaili's Kitchen and give your taste buds a treat.

This place is great!!! I was in Washington for a few days and dragged my husband, sister, bro-in-law, niece & nephew, to Kaili's for a meal. It was well worth the drive as EVERYTHING on the menu is gluten-free!!! Including the delicious desserts!!!!!!

Both Kaili and her daughter are Celiacs, so they are well versed in what we can and cannot eat!!!

If you can't get to Kaili's contact her for a list of the foods she will overnight to you!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

Dittenheim Newbie

Another chain restaurant you might try is Thaifoon. I know they're in Salt Lake City and Las Vegas and a few other cities. I haven't seen any in the East.

They have great food and a gluten-free menu!!!

tarnalberry Community Regular
If you can't get to Kaili's contact her for a list of the foods she will overnight to you!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or she'll decide not to do that because of the cost of gas to drive across town and snail-mail you a late gift certificate instead without telling you.

I kid you not, my MIL ordered a gift certificate and two cinnamon rolls for our anniversary for us, at the beginning of the week. By the end of the week (our anniversary), we'd heard nothing, so while we were travelling (in Seattle) ironically, my MIL finally talked to her, was told she'd decided not to send the cinnamon rolls, and would snail mail a gift certificate - which obviously didn't get to us before we went to Seattle where we could have used it. She made this decision on her own, without confirming it with my MIL, and my MIL had to call *numerous* times to get an answer. I was appalled by that service. I may stop in once we live there, but... that's unexcusable.

mytummyhurts Contributor

I went to Black Angus one time and while they had never heard of celiac disease, they were very accomodating. I had to explain cross contamination and issues with seasonings. The manager looked out for me and let me bring in my own bbq sauce. I've also heard that Claim Jumper is very accomodating.

Tiffany - that would make me mad too!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
PicturePerfect Explorer
I've also heard that Claim Jumper is very accomodating.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know how relevant what I am about to right is to the topic, but...

Claim Jumper is very accomodating. I went there a couple days ago and I asked the waitress if they had a gluten-free menu. They do, but its on their website. I looked at it before and remembered what I could have on it, and the waitress was really nice about it and made sure that it was gluten-free! That put me in a good mood! :P

dogear Rookie

The flying apron? I never heard of it. Turns out that I walk right past it every day!!!

LauraZ Rookie

School has started for me and when gluten slips into my diet I get reactions so strong I have to stay home from school.I was sick today and I hated it! :angry: I had eated at a mexian resturaunt the night before and had had a taco. The shell looked to be corn but it must of had gluten in it because I was sick the next day!.

I reccomend eating at Japanese resturaunts. There is a thing called sushi on a converbelt where there is a big converbelt with sushi on it and you talke the rolls you want off it.I tried it and its really fun! :D

grantschoep Contributor

One thing you do want to be careful of, is do they make their corn shells themselves. Lots of nice mexican places make their own shells, and then deep fry them to make them crunchy

Archived