This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Question About Gi Issues

kmccormick61583

kmccormick61583 Newbie

hello

since starting a post in pre diagnosis i have a very important question

how long does the bloating last when you go gluten free?

im having a baaaad time of it...

also i have incorporated basically all raw foods into my diet and have noticed some parts of food not being digested properly?

is this just damage from long term abuse and will get better over time? or should i be concerned?

recently developed UTI ( im a male? ) er doc std it was prostate but never checked me for it? not sayen i wanted him too i just think its weird? ( on antibiotics

I threw this in in case there may be a connection that someone else is aware of?

all thoughts theories appreciated

kyle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor

Can't raw be harder to digest?

kmccormick61583 Newbie

Can't raw be harder to digest?

ya see idk im diabetic and only thing that works for me is eating alot of fruit and veggies protien ...and alot of rice made products....

any further thoughts appreciated

kyle

ravenwoodglass Mentor

If you are early in the healing process then raw veggies will likely be hard to digest.

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

hello

since starting a post in pre diagnosis i have a very important question

how long does the bloating last when you go gluten free?

im having a baaaad time of it...

also i have incorporated basically all raw foods into my diet and have noticed some parts of food not being digested properly?

is this just damage from long term abuse and will get better over time? or should i be concerned?

recently developed UTI ( im a male? ) er doc std it was prostate but never checked me for it? not sayen i wanted him too i just think its weird? ( on antibiotics

I threw this in in case there may be a connection that someone else is aware of?

all thoughts theories appreciated

kyle

Raw foods are harderon your digestive tract. Try taking a digestive enzyme when you eat. The bloating kind of suggests that the food is sitting there too long IMO?

Also, as soon as you're done with the antbiotic be sure to take probiotics. They help balance the "flora" in the gut and help with digestion too.

Kind of irritating that you were diagnosed with something they didn't really check you for? It must have felt like they wre just trying to get you out of there?

You may want to follow up with your Primary Care Dr.? Having UTIs and Diabetes *might* suggest you have a low IGG level in your blood? You'd have to ask for that test, but it could be that you're low, which can be treated.

kmccormick61583 Newbie

Raw foods are harderon your digestive tract. Try taking a digestive enzyme when you eat. The bloating kind of suggests that the food is sitting there too long IMO?

Also, as soon as you're done with the antbiotic be sure to take probiotics. They help balance the "flora" in the gut and help with digestion too.

Kind of irritating that you were diagnosed with something they didn't really check you for? It must have felt like they wre just trying to get you out of there?

You may want to follow up with your Primary Care Dr.? Having UTIs and Diabetes *might* suggest you have a low IGG level in your blood? You'd have to ask for that test, but it could be that you're low, which can be treated.

ive been taking probiotics with the antibiotic....ill have to look for those enzymes?

low igg? is there any way to check other than blood test? is there otc way to treat or dietary ?

no insurance :(

all my primary does is prescribe me antibiotics and anti fungal?

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

ive been taking probiotics with the antibiotic....ill have to look for those enzymes?

low igg? is there any way to check other than blood test? is there otc way to treat or dietary ?

no insurance :(

all my primary does is prescribe me antibiotics and anti fungal?

Unfortunately the IGG level is a blood test. If yours is low, you're more likely to get repeated infections because your body doesn't fight things off very well.

If you are low in IGG they can give you an infusion or shots to boost it. They also know to give you antibiotics if you have signs of infection starting.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Molly Susan Newbie

I was diagnosed about a year ago and the bloat only got better about two weeks ago when I decided to clue into the fact that I had been gluten free for 1 year and I was still bloating after most meals.I cut out all dairy & lactose and suddenly no more bloat. So I would personally get off all diary and see what happens.

kmccormick61583 Newbie

I was diagnosed about a year ago and the bloat only got better about two weeks ago when I decided to clue into the fact that I had been gluten free for 1 year and I was still bloating after most meals.I cut out all dairy & lactose and suddenly no more bloat. So I would personally get off all diary and see what happens.

thanx :) ive actually gotten off everything...milk soy corn gluten ...everything still bloarted...i think i may be getting cc'd or something or im just taken a long time maybe?

my roomates a dirty bird and doesnt understand what im going though :(

thanx for the advice molly

kyle

Archived