#1 kimber

kimber

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:39 PM

Hi ladies

Compared to the symptoms I have been reading on this board my husband's symptoms are VERY minor
This all started because of my son who was having problems
After keeping a food diary it seemed like he was reacting to wheat..he had b/w and stool culture which came back normal but since he is under 2..I have him on a gluten-free diet as an experiment (it's only been a few days)
I then put 2 and 2 together because my husband rarely eats pasta...when he does he knows he'll be in the bathroom..he actually eats pasta on purpose if he is constipated
BUT he will have some diahrea/cramps/gas, doesn't seem to bother him too much and it passes
His weight is fine, works FT, active (he is tired a lot but he snores like heck at night and we have 2 small kids)
His symptoms don't seem nearly as serious as some on the board...should I urge him to have a blood test?
Could things get worse...no one in our families that we know of has celiac disease
Does this wound more like an intolernace

Thanks, Kim

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pacanuck

pacanuck

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:50 PM

Hi there...new to the board but not new to the reasons to be here....have him tested by all means....if not just for peace of mind. Education is the best tool anyone can have. It can only make everyone (including you) feel better.

Good luck to all of you!

#3 hez

hez

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:57 PM

Kim- I went years with this disease not knowing I had it. I only wish I knew sooner. I would strongly urge your husband to go get the blood test. I am 35 and the doc thinks I have 10 years damage to my small intestine (have no idea how she knows that). I do know that healing is slow coming because of the damage.

I, like your husband was tired (but I am a stay at home Mom, who isn't exhausted) and would have occasional d. But other than that I felt fine. At least until November. That is when I had the dreaded "d" all the time! I could hardly get through the day, I was so tired. My weight started to come off (I was small already). After a month of feeling bad I went to the doctor. By April I had a firm diagnosis. If I had known sooner I would not have done so much damage to myself.

Yes, things could possibly get worse for your husband. It did for me. It is only a blood test and the alternative of doing nothing is far worse (if something is wrong). Hope this helps! Hez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: