3 replies to this topic

#1 rachelh4207

rachelh4207

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

I have been gluten-free for 5 weeks now only because my daughter had issues and I thought it would be easier to keep up with her gluten-free if I was as well. Three weeks into it, I ate bread and was SO SICK within 4 hours of eating it. Sick for two days! So I cooked a meal that I had pre-cooked in my freezer monday night. The recipe does NOT call for gluten, so I thought nothing of it. Well I felt really weird that night but wasn't sure what it was. Then ate it again for lunch yesterday. For dinner ate Pintos, carrots, corn, peas. Felt awful last night. cramps, aching all over. Then I remembered that I *may* have used some wheat flour as a sub in the recipe as a thickener. (UGH!) (cooked this pre- going gluten-free)So today, the stomach pain is so severe, that I am wanting to cry. I have went to the bath room all day and still hurting so bad. I am nauseated as well but I think it is from the pain. I have been eating pintos once a week (at least) for years, So my question is could it be the pintos? the corn? or just Glutened? My 5 year old that is going gluten-free with us (just to see if anyone else has a reaction like mine) also got a bad stomach ache last night and this morning. She has only been gluten-free for 1.5 week though. Any thoughts? My husband thinks it could be the corn. It was corn from our garden that I had put up last year. I think it is the wheat flour....could I have issues this major two days later?
Rachel

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Ugh. Yeah, gluten reactions can go for a while. If it's likely you thickened with wheat flour, I'd bet on the wheat! You double-zapped yourself too. :( It sounds like you need to empty out the freezer.

I take Pepto-bismol when I get glutened and it seems to help me a little.

#3 rachelh4207

rachelh4207

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

Ugh. Yeah, gluten reactions can go for a while. If it's likely you thickened with wheat flour, I'd bet on the wheat! You double-zapped yourself too. :( It sounds like you need to empty out the freezer.

I take Pepto-bismol when I get glutened and it seems to help me a little.

Thanks for the help. I told my husband that God was helping me by me getting glutened accidentally because after times like that, It makes me not miss the old food like donuts or bread or anything AT ALL!
Rachel

#4 Mateto

Mateto

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

I think it's possible you have been glutened.

Yesterday I had chili dinner, and I don't know what was put into it-but. Well, I hadn't even finished it. Not even half-way through the bowl! My stomach felt as if it had jumped up and twisted in four knots! UGH!
The problem was, I was eating a dinner roll with it. Made from white flour.

<_<

I don't think it would be the pintos. You said you've been eating them for a while, you would have noticed a reaction by now probably.
Gluten-free since St George's Day this year :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: