This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hello!

Mateto

Mateto Enthusiast

Hey everyone! I'm another new poster to the forums, and I'm (as my signature says) awaiting my diagnosis.

I had the blood test, and I eat a lot of gluten, so I do think the results will show up accurately (I hope).

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about gluten-free foods and alternatives to gluten-full foods, just in case. Don't worry, I won't be one of those one-time posters who comes and goes. So, hello! Also forgive me if I'm ignorant any--I never knew much about coeliacs before my doctor suggested I may have it.

Hello! Bonjour! Dia duit! Da dydd!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sa1937 Community Regular

Welcome, Mateto!

You've come to the right place to learn about gluten-free foods and other questions you may have about celiac. Are you going to have an endoscopy/biopsy? If so, make sure you continue eating gluten until after it's done. I went gluten-free the day of my endoscopy and have learned an awful lot from this forum.

I'm sure it was quite a shock to learn your doctor suspects you have celiac. So ask any questions you may have and we'll try our best to help you out.

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

Hey everyone! I'm another new poster to the forums, and I'm (as my signature says) awaiting my diagnosis.

I had the blood test, and I eat a lot of gluten, so I do think the results will show up accurately (I hope).

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about gluten-free foods and alternatives to gluten-full foods, just in case. Don't worry, I won't be one of those one-time posters who comes and goes. So, hello! Also forgive me if I'm ignorant any--I never knew much about coeliacs before my doctor suggested I may have it.

Hello...and welcome! :D

I hope your tests bring the answers you need to get on the path to wellness.

It's good that you're already looking into the diet. It's best to eat mostly whole foods..fruits, veggies, unprocessed meats, eggs, fish, and dairy if you tolerate it, at first. Some of the gluten substitute flours and gums can be hard to digest when you're in the process of healing.

Be sure to post any questions you have.

Mateto Enthusiast

Endoscopy? I'm afraid I'll do whatever it takes :lol:

I just want to feel better! I'm so sick of being sick of being sick.

Funny thing, it's good I went to the doctor while I did. You see, whenever I'm suffering or whatever I tend to keep it to myself, which apparently is not a good thing to do. It's only when people started to notice I was turning white and pale, getting slower at doing things, losing too much weight. I never noticed I looked unhealthy to me, I just looked like me! I had to be told. So, I went to the doctor and now it's a waiting game!

I'm just wondering how to make the best gluten-free scones right now. Also, my biggest challenge will be finding gluten-free digestive biscuits, they're my addiction at the moment!

sa1937 Community Regular

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to get your lab test results.

I've not made scones nor have I ever had a digestive biscuit, but there are a whole lot of gluten-free recipes for just about anything. Hopefully you like to cook and bake as it's a whole lot cheaper!

deltron80 Rookie

Welcome to the magical world of eating nothing but freaking Chipotle and yogurt for weeks on end! It's so fun.

Lisa Mentor

Welcome to the magical world of eating nothing but freaking Chipotle and yogurt for weeks on end! It's so fun.

Well, we gotta talk deltron80!

Allow yourself to be educated and lighten your BURDEN with a short google search. DC is very gluten friendly:

Open Original Shared Link

... and just being friendly, loose the yogurt for about six weeks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

I'm just wondering how to make the best gluten-free scones right now. Also, my biggest challenge will be finding gluten-free digestive biscuits, they're my addiction at the moment!

Scones are a very personal thing, so I will make no recommendation. However, if you want a digestive biscuit you might try the recipe here: Open Original Shared Link

Just be sure to buy certified gluten free oats. :)

deltron80 Rookie

Sorry about my cranky welcome Mateto.

I was only kidding. Here's a list of some other good gluten-free things to eat besides Chipotle and yogurt:

vegetables

salad

eggs

rice

bacon

sardines

spam

deviled ham

peanut butter

chocolate

peanut m&m's

human babies

kareng Grand Master

]

Sorry about my cranky welcome Mateto.

I was only kidding. Here's a list of some other good gluten-free things to eat besides Chipotle and yogurt:

vegetables

salad

eggs

rice

bacon

sardines

spam

deviled ham

peanut butter

chocolate

peanut m&m's

human babies

Please note:

Depending on the age, babies are often covered in gluteny cheerios and teething biscuit crumbs. Wash thoroughly. :ph34r:

Obviously, we are just joking about the babies and the sardines. Only sea lions eat sardines for a snack! :D

We have 2 long threads on here of what people ate for breakfast & dinner that might be helpful. They range from the simple "bowl of Chex and a gluten-free beer" to dishes only seen in 5 star restaurants. Also, threads about snacks and lunches, many in the parents & kid section.

Mateto Enthusiast

Cranky? It gave me a well-needed laugh.

Trust me, you should see me in a mood swing.

Thanks for the recipes and the links guys!

deltron80 Rookie

Please note:

Depending on the age, babies are often covered in gluteny cheerios and teething biscuit crumbs. Wash thoroughly. :ph34r:

Just when you think you've nailed down all the sources of cross contamination...wow, it's a continual learning process!

Only sea lions eat sardines for a snack! :D

Sardines are delicious for people too...very low mercury content! There's nothing like that slimy texture of canned fish to satisfy the discriminating palette. Add a little mustard and it's an automatic party.

Mateto Enthusiast

......I love kippers....Which are sardines?

JustNana Apprentice

LOL

Y'all are clever and funny. A great combination!

I love sardines and have been craving them. Maybe need Omega3's?

Archived