2 replies to this topic

#1 rrr22

rrr22

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

Hello - I am celiac and have had a lot of trouble finding a vitamin that does not give me chronic headaches. When I attempt to go w/o any vitamin, I suffer from a chronic fatigue. I am on my 9th or 10th type of vitamin with no luck thus far. I am trying my 2nd or 3rd B-Vitamin at the moment. My chronic fatigue symptoms are resolved, however I still experience chronic headaches (constant pressure in my forehead area) after being on the vitamin for 3-4 days. Once I stop the vitamin, it takes about a week for me to get a clear head again - but then my fatigue returns.

Has anyone had the same experience and have any recommendations? I was thinking about trying shots (B-12, etc) hoping that I might have better results going this route.

Thanks for your help.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gfresh404

Gfresh404

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hello - I am celiac and have had a lot of trouble finding a vitamin that does not give me chronic headaches. When I attempt to go w/o any vitamin, I suffer from a chronic fatigue. I am on my 9th or 10th type of vitamin with no luck thus far. I am trying my 2nd or 3rd B-Vitamin at the moment. My chronic fatigue symptoms are resolved, however I still experience chronic headaches (constant pressure in my forehead area) after being on the vitamin for 3-4 days. Once I stop the vitamin, it takes about a week for me to get a clear head again - but then my fatigue returns.

Has anyone had the same experience and have any recommendations? I was thinking about trying shots (B-12, etc) hoping that I might have better results going this route.

Thanks for your help.

That's strange. Have you tried food based vitamins like New Chapter? They tend to be easier on the stomach and GI tract which I'm guessing is where your headaches are coming from.

Is there also any possibility of some kind of vitamin overdose?

#3 rrr22

rrr22

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

I have tried several types of Whole Food (Organic) vitamins, however they are difficult for me to digest & do not really have any impact. My assumption is that if I am not able to absorb B-vitamins from food, then Whole Food vitamins would not be very helpful -- however I could be wrong regarding that point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: