This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone Been To Five Graces Restaurant?

cyberprof

cyberprof Enthusiast

Anyone been to Five Graces Restaurant in Redmond Washington? It is billed as a "healthy eating" place that is fully gluten-free.

Eight of us family members are going tonight. Amoung us we have one celiac, one gluten-free dairy-free, one Paleo and one dairy-free vegetarian. If this restaurant pleases everyone that would be amazing. (Indian restaurants are the only other place that really works. We like the Mohgul Palace in Bellevue. Mexican can also work.) But it looks to be pretty expensive...good thing I'm not paying.

I'll post a review later. Website is graces5 dot com.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

What time are you going? I might be able to get a plane and meet you! I looked at thier website and it said:

"Located in downtown Redmond, Graces 5 offers delicious local cuisine in a tranquil atmosphere. We use local sustainable ingredients wherever possible. All of our dishes are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and low sugar but you'll never know it because the food tastes awesome! Our seasonal menu features a wide variety of options for carnivores, vegans, and vegetarians. "

Hope its good and busy.

cyberprof Enthusiast

What time are you going? I might be able to get a planbe and meet you! I looked at thier website and it said:

"Located in downtown Redmond, Graces 5 offers delicious local cuisine in a tranquil atmosphere. We use local sustainable ingredients wherever possible. All of our dishes are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and low sugar but you'll never know it because the food tastes awesome! Our seasonal menu features a wide variety of options for carnivores, vegans, and vegetarians. "

Hope its good and busy.

We're going at 7:30 Pacific Coast Time, so you have lots of time to get there! We'll save you a seat. (Both my kids are coming home from college - yay!)

I noticed that they are also trying to get the local food bank to have a gluten-free/DF pantry and they ask for donations, which I'll bring. I've been trying for years to get the food bank to do this! I may ask to help volunteer with them.

Juliebove Rising Star

Hmmm... I went to the website and it doesn't look very allergy friendly to me! There are eggs in several dishes. Lots of dairy and nuts and seafood! They even use Earth Balance which has flax in it. My daughter can't have flax. I don't really see too many items on that menu we could eat except for the pasta and only with some stuff left off.

cyberprof Enthusiast

We had a nice time. Everyone liked their meals.

I was the most happy because I didn't have to cross-examine the waitstaff and say "Are you sure this is gluten-free?"

And I haven't had crab cakes in a restaurant in five years: They used to be a hobby of mine. Where ever I travelled, I'd always order them. I've had crab cakes in Russia, NYC, Oklahoma City, Chicago, San Francisco, etc.

Julie, in answer to your question, they have a full explanation on the website where you can fill out a questionnaire about your restrictions and they will work to get you a meal that you/your daughter could eat. My son and sister-in-law omitted the goat dairy from their meals with no problem. I think that if they had a menu with no dairy, eggs, flax, wheat, soy, corn, peanuts, fish...well there wouldn't be much demand for a restaurant like that would there? They seem knowledgable and they certainly want to meet the demands of the intolerant in the population, so I hope they do well.

Archived