84 replies to this topic

#1 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

The first time I saw this, I couldn't figure out what it was. As of now, I still cannot make heads or tails of it. Can you? The arrow points to the "object" which just doesn't look like it could possibly be a normal part of the person's head. What's wrong with this picture, or am I simply not seeing the obvious?

Posted Image
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

A lollipop?
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

She's holding the lollipop up to the camera so we can see the logo? Its her space alien baby?

Or do you mean her red hair beside the loli? The side that's in the sun looks red and her second pony tail is blowing a bit. Her hair is layered so in pony tails, some is shorter than the rest. It does look odd. Someone didn't edit the picture?

Don't you just love this site's posters? They come up with the most interesting and thought provoking questions. Very fun. :D

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

hmm.... looks like ....A "drippy" :unsure: yellow lolli with the C.com "No wheat" logo.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

"X" marks the spot where you don't want gluten? The red thing looks like a spiny tailed lobster to me. Rice guy, come to the rescue, inquiring minds want to know. :D
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#6 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

For those who suggest the lollipop, no, I'm referring to the reddish "thing" which is mostly obscured by the lollipop, except for the left portion. My first impression is echoed by kareng's comment about an alien, but I didn't want to say it :ph34r:

Whatever it is, the texture doesn't look like it could be hair. It also appears too far forward for that. If it was part of the person's face, then she's got the thickest neck in human history. Or perhaps an underdeveloped conjoined twin?

They say the world may never know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop. Now we may also never know what's behind the lollipop!

Oh, the mystery...
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

#7 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

I had to really enlarge the pic a lot to get a good look and I think it's another ponytail? The hair is layered, so the sun is hitting it unevenly...or it's an alien? :unsure:

#8 JustNana

JustNana

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

Rice Guy,

I'm with you. That's one strange image. A real fan of horror fiction, I could put forth some theories, the least disturbing of which would be the undeveloped conjoined twin thingie. It does vaguely resemble other humanoid pieces-parts which I decline to name.

LOL. What a great diversion!

#9 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

...Hmmm... . ...it looks rather like one-half of a cooked jumbo shrimp, tail still on.

In fact, I am now certain that this is what we are seeing. Really -- think about how obvious it suddenly is: featured in a gluten-free merchandise company's advertisement -- a jumbo shrimp, a completely gluten-free food source, subtly braced on a female model's neck....obscured by a lollipop, yet another round, gluten-free, no-cutlery-needed treat.... . ..

So obvious, now.
Sometimes you just have to pause and think about something for a few seconds.

Okay! Now I can get on with my day, and all the other sudden challenges I'll be asked to join. ... .

:rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#10 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

I can't see how it could be a ponytail, since the one we see on the other side is much higher. We'd therefor see it start farther up, I'd think. Besides, it appears to be a very different color than the hair which can be seen in sunlight. Wrong texture too, I would say.

#11 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

it's a red heads ponytail! hahaha sheesh people :D

#12 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

It's a woman, with red hair --in ponytails--- holding a lolli.

The red "object" is part of her ponytail (on the right side of her

head) blowing forward. That's all I see.

But if you guys see an alien, a shrimp, or anything else ...well, that's cool, too. Whatever blows yer skirt up. :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#13 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Whatever blows yer skirt up.

Gahhhhhhhh! :lol: :lol: :lol: This is a most FANTASTIC expression -- will be incorporating it regularly into my discourse...
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#14 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Gahhhhhhhh! :lol: :lol: :lol: This is a most FANTASTIC expression -- will be incorporating it regularly into my discourse...

Feel free! :)
But I have to give my 85- year-old Mom her due "props" however, as I stole it from HER! I still remember the first time I said it in front of a classroom and the students went ballistic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#15 JoyfulGF

JoyfulGF

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

The first time I saw this, I couldn't figure out what it was. As of now, I still cannot make heads or tails of it. Can you? The arrow points to the "object" which just doesn't look like it could possibly be a normal part of the person's head. What's wrong with this picture, or am I simply not seeing the obvious?

Posted Image

Do you know how long I have been trying to figure this out? Every time I see the ad, I still try to figure it out. I don't think it's the person's pony tail. Don't know what it could be. I do want to know what it really is though! I'm weird and want to find things like that out, even if it takes contacting the company, lol. It can't be a red head, she has dark skin.
Married my best friend May '08
Fertility problems since fall of 08
Lots of money spent on test after test from Thyroid problems to PCOS
Started to do my own research and journal what I ate Sept '11
Strictly Gluten free since Dec '11
Highest weight:178
Down to: 155 Yay!
Praying for a little miracle!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: