This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Weird Looking "object" In Gluten-Free Mall Banner

RiceGuy

mushroom Proficient

Okay, the definitive answer.

She has sandy-red hair with a gorgeous tan. She has two pigtails, one being slightly higher than the other (as pigtails on the side are wont to be). The sun is shining on the hair on the right (left) side, which makes the lower part of the hair look strawberry blonde. The arrow is indicating....

a red ribbon tied in her hair. :rolleyes: Well, the other one is in the shade. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

OMG.... .I have FINALLY figured all this out. It seems crushingly obvious to me, now -- how could we have laboured over this so long?

It's you, isn't it, Riceguy? Grew out your nails, threw on a feminine white T, affixed tied extensions to your hair, made certain that the lollipop was placed to exactly and completely obscure your obviously male face.....then set up your positioning to cast strange, illusionary shadows, to capitalize on the sun's colour- and shape-tweaking properties.... . . ..and then the master stroke -- throwing the what-is-that-strange-thing question to us all, seeing how befuzzled and pensive we become.....

Now it all make sense.. . .....

:lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

I think I said that first?

Yes, yes, you were first! :rolleyes:

Mom, Karen always gets to be first!! :angry:

YOU get to say "Na, na told you so!" :P .

But modiddly and I said it too!!

....just sayin. :huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is, as the Bard would say, MUCH ado about nothing.

Don't we have small countries to run or something?

Get busy, you!

RiceGuy Collaborator

Well, I don't buy the explanation, for the simple fact that the person who responded wouldn't know any more than the rest of us, unless they were involved in creating the ad, or spoke to someone who was.

Aren't things like this farmed out to advertising agencies? Then again, such a blunder of a photo certainly doesn't look like something a professional would use in this kind of ad. Although I haven't done a lot of paid photography work, I'd never have used a photo like that. A pro would have taken numerous shots, then examined and compared them to find the right one for the ad. So I cannot accept that the one we see was the best of the lot. Again, this reasoning may only apply to a professional photographer.

By the time most of you see this post, I'll have sent a message to Scott. However not to ask what the thing in the photo is, but if the ad was done professionally.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Besides, being tan doesn't preclude red hair. It's called Clairol.

kareng Grand Master

By the time most of you see this post, I'll have sent a message to Scott. However not to ask what the thing in the photo is, but if the ad was done professionally.

Poor Scott! :o

Rice Guy, we thought this was a "just for fun thread" and responded that way. We had no idea that this is so serious to you and that the ad has offended you in some way.

JoyfulGF Apprentice

Well, I don't buy the explanation, for the simple fact that the person who responded wouldn't know any more than the rest of us, unless they were involved in creating the ad, or spoke to someone who was.

Aren't things like this farmed out to advertising agencies? Then again, such a blunder of a photo certainly doesn't look like something a professional would use in this kind of ad. Although I haven't done a lot of paid photography work, I'd never have used a photo like that. A pro would have taken numerous shots, then examined and compared them to find the right one for the ad. So I cannot accept that the one we see was the best of the lot. Again, this reasoning may only apply to a professional photographer.

I have to agree. I'm no professional photographer whatsoever, but regardless, I am analytical when it comes to this sort of thing and If I were to look at this picture with a analytical/professional mindset, I would not choose this picture for an advertisement. If I were in the consumer affairs/advertisement department of the company, I wouldn't be happy with it and would push for something different....it's a lot to do, just for an ad, but it is really representing who the company is.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

I don't know the ad is just kinda CREEPY! :ph34r:

Like I can't stop thing what IS behind the lollipop? Is it the face of the offspring of Ronald McDonald and Wendy? Possibly painted up like a freaky psycho clown? Now the thought of a conjoined twin has just sent me over the top. :rolleyes::lol:

For the record my skirt is currently proplerly placed, thank you very much.

JoyfulGF Apprentice

Haha, this made me chuckle Mommida!

Where in Michigan?

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

I don't know the ad is just kinda CREEPY! :ph34r:

Like I can't stop thing what IS behind the lollipop? Is it the face of the offspring of Ronald McDonald and Wendy? Possibly painted up like a freaky psycho clown? Now the thought of a conjoined twin has just sent me over the top. :rolleyes::lol:

Thanks for the giggle this morning. :D

IrishHeart Veteran

Just to be clear...the expression my Mom uses "Whatever blows your skirt up" means nothing except "do what makes you happy" or "whatever floats your boat". :)

It is used in the spirit of generosity. :)

Like "can I have chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla?"

"Sure, honey...whatever blows yer skirt up"

IH likes to be very clear about such things--- as I do not wish that expression to be used/considered as anything judgmental. :lol:

Carry on!

elye Community Regular

Just to be clear...the expression my Mom uses "Whatever blows your skirt up" means nothing except "do what makes you happy" or "whatever floats your boat".

As I quickly proclaimed in another thread, this is a FANTASTIC expression, and I have since sprinkled it thrice into daily discourse, with a credit to you, IH. The latest incident occured yesterday when my son asked if he should wear his blue jeans with his grey shirt instead of his old black standbys. I was happily able to proclaim:

"Sure, hon. Whatever blows yer skirt up....courtesy of IrishHeart".....

He stared at me like this:

:huh:

And I sauntered from the room like this:

B)

Yes, yes, carry on! :rolleyes:

Scott Adams Grand Master

It is a mysterious object called a "ponytail." Usually young girls wear their hair in such fashion, but in this case it is a young woman. unsure.gif

This picture was taken shortly before she was abducted by aliens...we were not able to capture this "capture" on film...sorry.

Scott

RiceGuy Collaborator

Rice Guy, we thought this was a "just for fun thread" and responded that way. We had no idea that this is so serious to you and that the ad has offended you in some way.

No, not offended. But intrigued, mystified and perplexed, yes. Sure, the thread is mostly for the fun of it, but part of that fun is in discovering the answers to the mystery. I admit I may get carried away with things like this. However, there it is, staring us all in the face, begging and beckoning for reasons for being.

RiceGuy Collaborator

It is a mysterious object called a "ponytail." Usually young girls wear their hair in such fashion, but in this case it is a young woman. unsure.gif

This picture was taken shortly before she was abducted by aliens...we were not able to capture this "capture" on film...sorry.

Scott

OK Scott, weeeee believe you <_<

I just knew aliens had something to do with it. Perhaps they heard the expression "a sucker is born every minute", and came looking for the hatchery.

Scott Adams Grand Master

There is a full page ad with this same picture in the GIG's and CDF's newsletters...it is more clear in those as they are larger and not cropped, but she is also leaning forward toward the camera.

Take care,

Scott

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Scott

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

JoyfulGF Apprentice

There is a full page ad with this same picture in the GIG's and CDF's newsletters...it is more clear in those as they are larger and not cropped, but she is also leaning forward toward the camera.

Take care,

Scott

Can we all see the picture? It may help us see it as the ponytail that it is and not the weird creature like thing.

mommida Enthusiast

Well I have been busted talking too racy on the forum before. I just wanted everyone to know I'm trying to behave today. I can't guarantee anything for tomorrow or the day after. ;)

I am in the lower pennisula. (yup I'm a troll) :ph34r:

JoyfulGF Apprentice

Well I have been busted talking too racy on the forum before. I just wanted everyone to know I'm trying to behave today. I can't guarantee anything for tomorrow or the day after. ;)

I am in the lower pennisula. (yup I'm a troll) I live in the safe triangle of most dangerous cities in MI. 50 miles north of the D, 50 miles south of Flint, and probably too close to Pontiac.

In the weird band of snow for Pine Knob and Mt. Holly ski areas.

My sister is in Monroe. I haven't ever been there but, I was out to Holland (West side of the state) when she lived there.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

Yikes....I didn't realize this was being taken so seriously!

IrishHeart Veteran

but she is also leaning forward toward the camera.

As I said, from a photographer's perspective I could see her hand is larger because she is thrust forward and leaning toward the camera.

I wouldn't steer you wrong, Riceguy! ;)

Honest. :)

IrishHeart Veteran

As I quickly proclaimed in another thread, this is a FANTASTIC expression, and I have since sprinkled it thrice into daily discourse, with a credit to you, IH. The latest incident occured yesterday when my son asked if he should wear his blue jeans with his grey shirt instead of his old black standbys. I was happily able to proclaim:

"Sure, hon. Whatever blows yer skirt up....courtesy of IrishHeart".....

He stared at me like this:

:huh:

And I sauntered from the room like this:

B)

Yes, yes, carry on! :rolleyes:

Mom will be tickled to death. :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

I can't speak for others, but I like racy! ;)

mommida Enthusiast

My brother lives in Holland with his family. I really like that area!

Well, some of the racy stuff nearly caused a riot! Some really awesome people left the site never to return after being chewed and spit out. :(

Archived