This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Weird Looking "object" In Gluten-Free Mall Banner

RiceGuy

IrishHeart Veteran

My brother lives in Holland with his family. I really like that area!

Well, some of the racy stuff nearly caused a riot! Some really awesome people left the site never to return after being chewed and spit out. :(

oh :( I thought you meant racy like "risque" and fun...never mind. I do not like riots. People get trampled. (shudder) :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JoyfulGF Apprentice

My brother lives in Holland with his family. I really like that area!

I enjoyed Holland when I was there too. I loved the little shops and the farmers market.

Marilyn R Community Regular

I's thinking the backdrop photo was shot on a breezy day.

jess-gf Explorer

This thread is funny :) It's a girl with reddish-blonde hair in pigtails on a windy day, showing off a lollipop.

IrishHeart Veteran

really? we're still talking about this?? I thought we solved this non-mystery! :lol:

yikes, this thing got more attention and concern than I ever got--collectively-- in the doctor's office visits I had in the last 5 years. :lol:

cougie23 Explorer

Well, I don't buy the explanation, for the simple fact that the person who responded wouldn't know any more than the rest of us, unless they were involved in creating the ad, or spoke to someone who was.

Aren't things like this farmed out to advertising agencies? Then again, such a blunder of a photo certainly doesn't look like something a professional would use in this kind of ad. Although I haven't done a lot of paid photography work, I'd never have used a photo like that. A pro would have taken numerous shots, then examined and compared them to find the right one for the ad. So I cannot accept that the one we see was the best of the lot. Again, this reasoning may only apply to a professional photographer.

By the time most of you see this post, I'll have sent a message to Scott. However not to ask what the thing in the photo is, but if the ad was done professionally.

I don't know WHAT the big MYSTERY was...I asumed it was her ponytail from the begining...its just windy, sunny, and a little disheveled...but thats its inocent charm! theres nothing wrong with the picture...Its a teen with a lolli!

Why does this bother you so?! Aren't there BIGGER MYSTERIES in life to contemplate about...( and I AM being NICE!) Why on EARTH would you bother Scott about something so PETTY! :blink: He has a BUISSNESS to run!!! B)

I've seen worse! leave it alone allready! :blink::lol::D

At least you finally see the HUMOR in IT!...I think!

But come on guys...give it a rest! :lol:

Aliens...LOL! :rolleyes:

love2travel Mentor

I think she just swallowed a parrot with a red tail and for some reason the camera guy didn't notice.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

This has been a really fun thread for the most part. I think the most obvious answer is the photographer took a whole bunch of different shots and then found out after the shoot that if the models face wasn't in the ad he would only owe her a portion of the usual fee. This was the one shot he took that didn't have her face and was taken by accident when he started to drop the camera.

cougie23 Explorer

This has been a really fun thread for the most part. I think the most obvious answer is the photographer took a whole bunch of different shots and then found out after the shoot that if the models face wasn't in the ad he would only owe her a portion of the usual fee. This was the one shot he took that didn't have her face and was taken by accident when he started to drop the camera.

BEST EXPLAINATION YET!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Love2travel's explaination was rather creative as well! :P

:lol:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I think she just swallowed a parrot with a red tail and for some reason the camera guy didn't notice.

Hey! Those models get hungry!

RiceGuy Collaborator

I don't know WHAT the big MYSTERY was...I asumed it was her ponytail from the begining...its just windy, sunny, and a little disheveled...but thats its inocent charm! theres nothing wrong with the picture...Its a teen with a lolli!

Why does this bother you so?! Aren't there BIGGER MYSTERIES in life to contemplate about...( and I AM being NICE!) Why on EARTH would you bother Scott about something so PETTY! :blink: He has a BUISSNESS to run!!! B)

I've seen worse! leave it alone allready! :blink::lol::D

At least you finally see the HUMOR in IT!...I think!

But come on guys...give it a rest! :lol:

Aliens...LOL! :rolleyes:

See, that's just it - making an assumption just because it's a nice, comfy, normal sort of explanation, regardless of the fact that the picture simply doesn't appear that way.

Do I really think it's an alien or an underdeveloped attached twin? No, of course not. But I don't rule out any possibilities, and I don't jump to any conclusion for the sake of brushing it aside.

I'm reminded of that tale about the king's new clothes, where everyone was afraid to "step out of line" and recognize the obvious, except for a small child. That child didn't feel constrained by social pressures, to "fit in", and go along with the crowd.

There are no foolish questions. But ask no questions, and get no answers.

And as for the person in the photo leaning forward, I doubt that too. It doesn't appear to be that way. Her posture doesn't look like that to me. And what about the ponytail which is clearly visible? It isn't falling forward of her shoulder. And even IF the thing on the left side was hair, then why is it so far out from her head when the wind is blowing in the opposite direction?

I enlarged the picture somewhat, and increased the brightness to show how dark it is "under" the thing in question. Does the visible ponytail appear so voluminous and long that the same size on the side in question would completely block the light from hitting that side of her neck? And IF the wind was blowing her hair to make that shape, why don't we see ANY strands of it?

gfmall2.webp

elye Community Regular

There are no foolish questions. But ask no questions, and get no answers.

Hmm.. .. .and sometimes, the questions are complicated and the answers are quite simple.. . ... ..

At least, according to Dr. Suess.... B)

IrishHeart Veteran

and sometimes the answer is not sufficient, so we flog the proverbial dead horse....

cougie23 Explorer

Dear RICEGUY...

Everyone has tried to be nice...and YOU JUST DON"T GET IT!

Good Luck with your obsesive compulsive behavior...TRULY! :blink:

There is no point in continuing this conversation....in the "REAL world"... it just doesn't matter...do yourself (and us) a favor... IN ALL SINCERITY...LET IT GO!!! B):D:)

cougie23 Explorer

oh :( I thought you meant racy like "risque" and fun...never mind. I do not like riots. People get trampled. (shudder) :ph34r:

Its OK IRISH...you were gramically correct! :D

(this is copied and pasted strait from the dictionary).....

rac

love2travel Mentor

Hey! Those models get hungry!

So true. That's got to be it!

Scott Adams Grand Master

I have a better approach RiceGuy, why do YOU tell us what it is, after all, you would know better than me, right? I have my pen in hand, my notebook, and you are on the couch...please explain to us all what you see in this picture that we don't?

cougie23 Explorer

and sometimes the answer is not sufficient, so we flog the proverbial dead horse....

YEAH...AND HE'S BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF IT !!!!

( What is he....REPUBLICAN? :blink::rolleyes: ...I'm sure THAT one will get me in trouble) :lol:

(I apologize to all the DECENT Republicans out there...I was refering to the RADICAL KIND!...Seriously...no hard feelings!!! B)...It's a joke! :rolleyes: )

cougie23 Explorer

I have a better approach RiceGuy, why do YOU tell us what it is, after all, you would know better than me, right? I have my pen in hand, my notebook, and you are on the couch...please explain to us all what you see in this picture that we don't?

AMEN!!!....THANKYOU SCOTT !!! :D

RiceGuy Collaborator

Dear RICEGUY...

Everyone has tried to be nice...and YOU JUST DON"T GET IT!

Good Luck with your obsesive compulsive behavior...TRULY! :blink:

There is no point in continuing this conversation....in the "REAL world"... it just doesn't matter...do yourself (and us) a favor... IN ALL SINCERITY...LET IT GO!!! B):D:)

Excuse me for being curious, and wanting to know the answer to a perplexing question. Is it much different than wanting to know what's on the side of the moon not facing the earth?

For a topic which (according to you) doesn't matter, I have to wonder why you seem so bothered by my questions to have used ALL CAPS and exclamation points a number of times. This is regarded as "shouting". And tossing in jokes, political or otherwise, might not be taken as such by every reader, rather as insulting or belittling.

RiceGuy Collaborator

I do believe I've already stated what I see and don't see in this picture. But I do not know what it is. If I did, I'd not have asked.

If you do indeed have first-hand knowledge about it, like if you were the photographer, or if you spoke to the photographer, then by all means let us in on the details. Nearest I can tell, your earlier statements regarding the photo were opinion or guesswork. Much the same as other posters. If this is not the case, please do clarify.

cougie23 Explorer

Excuse me for being curious, and wanting to know the answer to a perplexing question. Is it much different than wanting to know what's on the side of the moon not facing the earth?

For a topic which (according to you) doesn't matter, I have to wonder why you seem so bothered by my questions to have used ALL CAPS and exclamation points a number of times. This is regarded as "shouting". And tossing in jokes, political or otherwise, might not be taken as such by every reader, rather as insulting or belittling.

Its beyond curious!....enough said! They warned us about people like YOU!

Theres a name for what your doing!Iwon't be speaking to you again! :ph34r:

psawyer Proficient

RiceGuy, you do understand, don'`you, that that ad is for the Gluten Free Mall--Scott's business. If anyone would know, he would.

Jestgar Rising Star

Please remember that this thread is meant to be FUN. If you find yourself taking someone's comments too seriously, take 6 chocolate caramel pecan turtles and check back in after the caffeine and sugar have mellowed you out.

Jestgar Rising Star

RiceGuy, you do understand, don'`you, that that ad is for the Gluten Free Mall--Scott's business. If anyone would know, he would.

huh. It is, isn't it. I never looked past the giant yellow lollipop to see what it was for.

Archived