#46 modiddly16

modiddly16

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Poor Scott! :o

Rice Guy, we thought this was a "just for fun thread" and responded that way. We had no idea that this is so serious to you and that the ad has offended you in some way.

Yikes....I didn't realize this was being taken so seriously!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

but she is also leaning forward toward the camera.

As I said, from a photographer's perspective I could see her hand is larger because she is thrust forward and leaning toward the camera.

I wouldn't steer you wrong, Riceguy! ;)

Honest. :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#48 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

As I quickly proclaimed in another thread, this is a FANTASTIC expression, and I have since sprinkled it thrice into daily discourse, with a credit to you, IH. The latest incident occured yesterday when my son asked if he should wear his blue jeans with his grey shirt instead of his old black standbys. I was happily able to proclaim:

"Sure, hon. Whatever blows yer skirt up....courtesy of IrishHeart".....

He stared at me like this:

:huh:

And I sauntered from the room like this:

B)

Yes, yes, carry on! :rolleyes:

Mom will be tickled to death. :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#49 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Well I have been busted talking too racy on the forum before. I just wanted everyone to know I'm trying to behave today. I can't guarantee anything for tomorrow or the day after. ;)

I can't speak for others, but I like racy! ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#50 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

My brother lives in Holland with his family. I really like that area!

Well, some of the racy stuff nearly caused a riot! Some really awesome people left the site never to return after being chewed and spit out. :(
Michigan

#51 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Well, some of the racy stuff nearly caused a riot! Some really awesome people left the site never to return after being chewed and spit out. :(

oh :( I thought you meant racy like "risque" and fun...never mind. I do not like riots. People get trampled. (shudder) :ph34r:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#52 JoyfulGF

JoyfulGF

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

I enjoyed Holland when I was there too. I loved the little shops and the farmers market.
Married my best friend May '08
Fertility problems since fall of 08
Lots of money spent on test after test from Thyroid problems to PCOS
Started to do my own research and journal what I ate Sept '11
Strictly Gluten free since Dec '11
Highest weight:178
Down to: 155 Yay!
Praying for a little miracle!

#53 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

I's thinking the backdrop photo was shot on a breezy day.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#54 jess_gf

jess_gf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

This thread is funny :) It's a girl with reddish-blonde hair in pigtails on a windy day, showing off a lollipop.
Gluten Free since 11/2010
Dairy Free since 01/2011

#55 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

really? we're still talking about this?? I thought we solved this non-mystery! :lol:

yikes, this thing got more attention and concern than I ever got--collectively-- in the doctor's office visits I had in the last 5 years. :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#56 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Well, I don't buy the explanation, for the simple fact that the person who responded wouldn't know any more than the rest of us, unless they were involved in creating the ad, or spoke to someone who was.

Aren't things like this farmed out to advertising agencies? Then again, such a blunder of a photo certainly doesn't look like something a professional would use in this kind of ad. Although I haven't done a lot of paid photography work, I'd never have used a photo like that. A pro would have taken numerous shots, then examined and compared them to find the right one for the ad. So I cannot accept that the one we see was the best of the lot. Again, this reasoning may only apply to a professional photographer.

By the time most of you see this post, I'll have sent a message to Scott. However not to ask what the thing in the photo is, but if the ad was done professionally.

I don't know WHAT the big MYSTERY was...I asumed it was her ponytail from the begining...its just windy, sunny, and a little disheveled...but thats its inocent charm! theres nothing wrong with the picture...Its a teen with a lolli!
Why does this bother you so?! Aren't there BIGGER MYSTERIES in life to contemplate about...( and I AM being NICE!) Why on EARTH would you bother Scott about something so PETTY! :blink: He has a BUISSNESS to run!!! B)
I've seen worse! leave it alone allready! :blink: :lol: :D
At least you finally see the HUMOR in IT!...I think!
But come on guys...give it a rest! :lol:
Aliens...LOL! :rolleyes:
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11
Celiacs/casein sensitive/lactose intolerent

Favorite quotes-
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

"you can lead a donkey to the river...but if you want him to drink...
you have to throw him in" -(21 yr.old son)

#57 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

I think she just swallowed a parrot with a red tail and for some reason the camera guy didn't notice.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#58 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

This has been a really fun thread for the most part. I think the most obvious answer is the photographer took a whole bunch of different shots and then found out after the shoot that if the models face wasn't in the ad he would only owe her a portion of the usual fee. This was the one shot he took that didn't have her face and was taken by accident when he started to drop the camera.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#59 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

This has been a really fun thread for the most part. I think the most obvious answer is the photographer took a whole bunch of different shots and then found out after the shoot that if the models face wasn't in the ad he would only owe her a portion of the usual fee. This was the one shot he took that didn't have her face and was taken by accident when he started to drop the camera.

BEST EXPLAINATION YET!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love2travel's explaination was rather creative as well! :P
:lol:
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11
Celiacs/casein sensitive/lactose intolerent

Favorite quotes-
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

"you can lead a donkey to the river...but if you want him to drink...
you have to throw him in" -(21 yr.old son)

#60 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

I think she just swallowed a parrot with a red tail and for some reason the camera guy didn't notice.

Hey! Those models get hungry!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: