84 replies to this topic

#61 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

I don't know WHAT the big MYSTERY was...I asumed it was her ponytail from the begining...its just windy, sunny, and a little disheveled...but thats its inocent charm! theres nothing wrong with the picture...Its a teen with a lolli!
Why does this bother you so?! Aren't there BIGGER MYSTERIES in life to contemplate about...( and I AM being NICE!) Why on EARTH would you bother Scott about something so PETTY! :blink: He has a BUISSNESS to run!!! B)
I've seen worse! leave it alone allready! :blink: :lol: :D
At least you finally see the HUMOR in IT!...I think!
But come on guys...give it a rest! :lol:
Aliens...LOL! :rolleyes:

See, that's just it - making an assumption just because it's a nice, comfy, normal sort of explanation, regardless of the fact that the picture simply doesn't appear that way.

Do I really think it's an alien or an underdeveloped attached twin? No, of course not. But I don't rule out any possibilities, and I don't jump to any conclusion for the sake of brushing it aside.

I'm reminded of that tale about the king's new clothes, where everyone was afraid to "step out of line" and recognize the obvious, except for a small child. That child didn't feel constrained by social pressures, to "fit in", and go along with the crowd.

There are no foolish questions. But ask no questions, and get no answers.

And as for the person in the photo leaning forward, I doubt that too. It doesn't appear to be that way. Her posture doesn't look like that to me. And what about the ponytail which is clearly visible? It isn't falling forward of her shoulder. And even IF the thing on the left side was hair, then why is it so far out from her head when the wind is blowing in the opposite direction?

I enlarged the picture somewhat, and increased the brightness to show how dark it is "under" the thing in question. Does the visible ponytail appear so voluminous and long that the same size on the side in question would completely block the light from hitting that side of her neck? And IF the wind was blowing her hair to make that shape, why don't we see ANY strands of it?

Posted Image
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

There are no foolish questions. But ask no questions, and get no answers.

Hmm.. .. .and sometimes, the questions are complicated and the answers are quite simple.. . ... ..

At least, according to Dr. Suess.... B)
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#63 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

and sometimes the answer is not sufficient, so we flog the proverbial dead horse....

:lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#64 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Dear RICEGUY...
Everyone has tried to be nice...and YOU JUST DON"T GET IT!
Good Luck with your obsesive compulsive behavior...TRULY! :blink:
There is no point in continuing this conversation....in the "REAL world"... it just doesn't matter...do yourself (and us) a favor... IN ALL SINCERITY...LET IT GO!!! B) :D :)
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11
Celiacs/casein sensitive/lactose intolerent

Favorite quotes-
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

"you can lead a donkey to the river...but if you want him to drink...
you have to throw him in" -(21 yr.old son)

#65 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

oh :( I thought you meant racy like "risque" and fun...never mind. I do not like riots. People get trampled. (shudder) :ph34r:

Its OK IRISH...you were gramically correct! :D

(this is copied and pasted strait from the dictionary).....

racy (rs)
adj. racier, raciest
1. Having a distinctive and characteristic quality or taste.
2. Strong and sharp in flavor or odor; piquant or pungent.
3. Risqu; ribald.
4. Vigorous; lively.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[From race.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

racily adv.
raciness n.

No reason to feel bad! We know you ment RISQUE! :rolleyes: :lol: :D
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

#66 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hey! Those models get hungry!

So true. That's got to be it!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#67 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,373 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

I have a better approach RiceGuy, why do YOU tell us what it is, after all, you would know better than me, right? I have my pen in hand, my notebook, and you are on the couch...please explain to us all what you see in this picture that we don't?
Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

#68 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

and sometimes the answer is not sufficient, so we flog the proverbial dead horse....

:lol:

YEAH...AND HE'S BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF IT !!!!
( What is he....REPUBLICAN? :blink: :rolleyes: ...I'm sure THAT one will get me in trouble) :lol:

(I apologize to all the DECENT Republicans out there...I was refering to the RADICAL KIND!...Seriously...no hard feelings!!! B)...It's a joke! :rolleyes: )
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

#69 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

I have a better approach RiceGuy, why do YOU tell us what it is, after all, you would know better than me, right? I have my pen in hand, my notebook, and you are on the couch...please explain to us all what you see in this picture that we don't?

AMEN!!!....THANKYOU SCOTT !!! :D
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

#70 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Dear RICEGUY...
Everyone has tried to be nice...and YOU JUST DON"T GET IT!
Good Luck with your obsesive compulsive behavior...TRULY! :blink:
There is no point in continuing this conversation....in the "REAL world"... it just doesn't matter...do yourself (and us) a favor... IN ALL SINCERITY...LET IT GO!!! B) :D :)

Excuse me for being curious, and wanting to know the answer to a perplexing question. Is it much different than wanting to know what's on the side of the moon not facing the earth?

For a topic which (according to you) doesn't matter, I have to wonder why you seem so bothered by my questions to have used ALL CAPS and exclamation points a number of times. This is regarded as "shouting". And tossing in jokes, political or otherwise, might not be taken as such by every reader, rather as insulting or belittling.
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

#71 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

I do believe I've already stated what I see and don't see in this picture. But I do not know what it is. If I did, I'd not have asked.

If you do indeed have first-hand knowledge about it, like if you were the photographer, or if you spoke to the photographer, then by all means let us in on the details. Nearest I can tell, your earlier statements regarding the photo were opinion or guesswork. Much the same as other posters. If this is not the case, please do clarify.

#72 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Excuse me for being curious, and wanting to know the answer to a perplexing question. Is it much different than wanting to know what's on the side of the moon not facing the earth?

For a topic which (according to you) doesn't matter, I have to wonder why you seem so bothered by my questions to have used ALL CAPS and exclamation points a number of times. This is regarded as "shouting". And tossing in jokes, political or otherwise, might not be taken as such by every reader, rather as insulting or belittling.

Its beyond curious!....enough said! They warned us about people like YOU!
Theres a name for what your doing!Iwon't be speaking to you again! :ph34r:
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

#73 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

RiceGuy, you do understand, don'`you, that that ad is for the Gluten Free Mall--Scott's business. If anyone would know, he would.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#74 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Please remember that this thread is meant to be FUN. If you find yourself taking someone's comments too seriously, take 6 chocolate caramel pecan turtles and check back in after the caffeine and sugar have mellowed you out.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#75 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

RiceGuy, you do understand, don'`you, that that ad is for the Gluten Free Mall--Scott's business. If anyone would know, he would.

huh. It is, isn't it. I never looked past the giant yellow lollipop to see what it was for.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: