19 replies to this topic

#16 thleensd

thleensd

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, I've looked into other foods. I found that I do better with no grains. I'm on the GAPS diet, which among other things is grain-free and soy-free. I've tested against nightshades, fructose, dairy and a bunch of other things. I eat only whole, unprocessed foods, organic when possible. I can't afford to eat all organic meat - I'm on a high calorie diet - but chicken and broth is all organic.
Diagnosed 2/12/09 by biopsy after years of anemia, neuropathy, dizziness, brain fog, pain and more.
Negative blood tests (following gluten light diet)

Still healing with time, harmony, and good food.
Grain-free 1/11/11

Blogging Gluten-Free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

can you eat peanut butter and jelly? i had a sandwich on gluten-free bread yesterday and my (week-long) fatigue went away. even overdid it yesterday (renovating our house - ugh...)and woke up this morning without feeling like i had been hit by a truck. i know exactly what you mean about being so tired. i am 'tired' of telling my husband i am tired but he knows anyway because i am yawning all day. when i am pms'ing i am extra tired, too. if the pb&j works i will be soooo happy. i tried it for snack again today :) we shall see!

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#18 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

I know you have had lots of blood work done, but one of the ones they forget to do is FOLATE levels.

My tanked B-12 and D were already supplemented and high, but I was still dragging so much and I was wiped out.

So, what was it?? I read about how Celiacs often have some type of anemia: iron deficency, B-12 or Folate.... OR a combination of them!

I asked for this test when I read about it's frequency in celiac and that was the answer!

Supplemented for a few months with prescription folic acid and I was
so much better. No more bone-deep fatigue.

Just a thought.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#19 thleensd

thleensd

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

I'll definitely have my folate checked next time I go in for blood work. Last time it was >20 and "normal" is listed as > 5.35 ...which doesn't really make much sense. What's with the >? The way I read that is mine was greater than 20, which is high (standard reference range I found online went to 17, so it's not absurdly high). I'm not taking that vitamin anymore anyway - may have been over-supplementing at the time. That was many months ago, though.

My doc did say she'd keep testing things if we can think of things to test, so ...anything else I may have missed?

Of course, I'm going to have to (attempt to) qualify for new insurance soon...so I may wait until then.
Diagnosed 2/12/09 by biopsy after years of anemia, neuropathy, dizziness, brain fog, pain and more.
Negative blood tests (following gluten light diet)

Still healing with time, harmony, and good food.
Grain-free 1/11/11

Blogging Gluten-Free

#20 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

From all you have told us, it sounds as if you thought of everything else. The Folate anemia possibility was all I could come up with.

I hope you figure out what it is, hon.

I know how frustrating it is to feel this way.
Keep us posted!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: