2 replies to this topic

#1 Bmann42

Bmann42

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hello, im new to the forum i was just wondering if anyone else has PANDAS (Pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders assosiated with streptococcal infections) and gluten intolerance.when I was young I suddenly had ocd like habits and had just had strep.I still experience them when I get strep and I've herd that this can be caused by my gluten intolerance.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hello, im new to the forum i was just wondering if anyone else has PANDAS (Pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders assosiated with streptococcal infections) and gluten intolerance.when I was young I suddenly had ocd like habits and had just had strep.I still experience them when I get strep and I've herd that this can be caused by my gluten intolerance.

Welcome Bmann42!

Any body stress can kick in Celiac Disease, as in pregnancy, mono, surgery, bodily trama or just stress.

But instead of your OCD being the cause of Gluten Intolerance, the opposite might have happened. An underlying gluten intolerance (or predisposition) may have been triggered by your Strep Infection, and your OCD symptoms may have developed.

Try going 100% gluten free as best as you are able and your OCD MAY clear. Nothing ventured..nothing gained. :) Isn't worth the chance? B)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 Bmann42

Bmann42

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

Thanks Lisa the gluten free diet is the way to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic