Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Dh "spot"

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. The beginning of this year, prior to my blood work, I got a nasty spot on my arm that at first I thought was from a reaction to a bite or something but it stayed for months! Long story short, it was DH. Went gluten free and it finally started clearing up. I can still see the mark in the area where it was but my skin marks really easy.

Accidently glutened myself Monday and by Tuesday, the spot started to re-appear with little blisters. It's not nearly like it was in January and it was a small amount of gluten but I'm wondering if it will heal quickly or if it will take forever to heal again. :(

My first real "gluttened" mistake - I'm sure there will be others - but I can't believe how bad it made me feel! The interesting thing was it helped me realize how far I've come.

Ads by Google:

Everyone is different. For me, a recurrence is less severe but runs the same course (2weeks). Before gluten-free it would just never go away....

I've been cc'd twice. The first was very early on & I hadn't hardly begun to heal yet so can't determine much by that one. The second time --- it was close to 4 weeks -- it came on sort of slow but ended up pretty much gangbusters.sad.gif

Thanks. More blisters have appeared today :( so I suspect it may take a bit to heal up again. Just when my arm was starting to look normal again. LOL!

May you not have a hard time of it & heal quickly! You just never know.

I don't think you'll necessarily get blisters every time you get glutened. I got glutened a few days ago and so far my DH spot only got irritated and dry, but no blisters. I did get the blisters easily when I was eating a lot of iodine.. maybe low iodine can help in preventing a full-scale DH attack? This is just speculation :-)

Did you test positive for celiac? I tested negative and they wouldn't biopsy my spot, of what might be DH, I decided to go gluten free without waiting for them.

I have a spot of blisters. I have been gluten free for 6 months, and have been glutened 2 times. When i first went gluten free, it completely cleared up, but I could see where it was.

Then the first time I was glutened I broke out in the same area, it took me over 5 weeks to heal. Once I healed, after a few weeks I couldn't tell where the spot was.

The second time I was glutened I broke out in a larger area (even though I consumed less gluten) it took me under 4 weeks to heal.

The area is still a funny color though.