2 replies to this topic

#1 KittylovesGeezer

KittylovesGeezer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hi everyone! I am sensitive to both gluten and soy, and I'm new to this world. I just found out that my make up, cleansers, moisturizers, and even hair color are attacking me. I've found lots of leads to gluten free products, but what about products that are both gluten and soy free? I can't just read labels because I've also learned that several technical words that seem harmless are actually sources of gluten and soy without saying so.

Another issue is that when I do come across an eye cream that I can use, it's $60 for a tiny little container. I live on a very tight budget, and can only afford like $14 per product.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to find affordable gluten and soy free products? Specifically for these issues:

eye cream - wrinkle prevention
face cream with uv/spf
night face cream - wrinkle prevention
Mascara
Eye liner
Chap stick
face wash
face scrub
regular lotion for the whole body
body wash

Thanks for any insight any of you can give me. I'm sure this problem wouldn't be so hard if I could spend $60 a month on each of these products, but I just can't. Eating organic food is already killing my budget. Please help if you can. Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

Try http://holisticbeauty.net/index.aspx.

She carries a variety of products, is good at disclosing ingredients, and has a great sample program.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#3 heatherjane

heatherjane

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

Try Desert Essence, too. I can't say enough good things about them. They clearly list on the package whether a product is gluten free. I don't have soy issues, so I don't routinely check for it, but I don't recall seeing soy in the labeling. You would have to check. They have all their ingredients listed online, and their products are pretty decently priced.
https://www.desertessence.com/

I buy their 32oz refill bottle of the Thoroughly Clean face wash (14.99 on the website, but I find it cheaper at Whole Foods), and it lasts FOREVER. B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: