Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Finally Seeing A Dr., Suggestions?

6 posts in this topic

This is my first post! :)

After suffering stomach pains and bloating for several months I have decided to finally see a doctor. I have a list of questions and concerns, does anyone on here have suggestions? I plan on requesting a Celiac test, but should I also ask for other tests? My doctor visit is in early May and I have decided to eat gluten regularly in hopes to help with the testing.

I have tried low carb dieting, it made me feel better but gave me constipation. I am never normal, either going too much or not enough. :blink:

Thanks!!!

Ads by Google:

This is my first post! :)

After suffering stomach pains and bloating for several months I have decided to finally see a doctor. I have a list of questions and concerns, does anyone on here have suggestions? I plan on requesting a Celiac test, but should I also ask for other tests? My doctor visit is in early May and I have decided to eat gluten regularly in hopes to help with the testing.

I have tried low carb dieting, it made me feel better but gave me constipation. I am never normal, either going too much or not enough. :blink:

Thanks!!!

If you want to be tested for Celiac..continue to eat gluten. Take your list of questions/symptoms with you. Ask for a full Celiac panel. If you just go in and tell them a symptom or two they won't think to test for Celiac. It's not on a lot of Dr.s radar screens.

Best wishes!

Go to the University of Chicago Celiac Center website and print out some of their 1page info sheets. They have one detailing testing.

It sounds like you are on the right track. Definitely keep on eating gluten and push for the blood test.

Good luck.

Yes, do make sure you have a full list of your symptoms that match celiac disease. Doctors can be very good at making you forget what you want to say, and very dismissive. It's better to be able to hand them a list and say, this is why I want to be tested.

Thanks everyone, I made sure to eat 4 slices of bread today and will continue to until my appointment.

I will check out the Chicago Celiac Center website, just want to be prepared after seeing on here that this can get difficult when it comes to the appointment.

Thanks, you all are awesome! :D