Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Greens Supplements

8 posts in this topic

Are there any gluten free superfood vitamins? Before I went gluten free/knew I had celiac I always did really well on superfood/greens supplements. The vitamins that showed the most improvement were Alive! wholefood energizer, Biochem's greens and whey, The Greatest vitamin in the world vitamin, and Primal Defense probiotics. I realize that all of these vitamins are out of the question now but I would really like to find a vitamin that is similar to these. I hear people say that the brand doesn't make a difference but I beg to differ because I noticed improvement with all of these vitamins that I haven't noticed in others. Please any suggestions!?

Ads by Google:

Why are they " out of the question now"? Do they contain wheat or barley?

Are there any gluten free superfood vitamins? Before I went gluten free/knew I had celiac I always did really well on superfood/greens supplements. The vitamins that showed the most improvement were Alive! wholefood energizer, Biochem's greens and whey, The Greatest vitamin in the world vitamin, and Primal Defense probiotics. I realize that all of these vitamins are out of the question now but I would really like to find a vitamin that is similar to these. I hear people say that the brand doesn't make a difference but I beg to differ because I noticed improvement with all of these vitamins that I haven't noticed in others. Please any suggestions!?

I hate to say this & it's going to throw you for a curve but right now, going low sal, you need not to take the "natural or herbal" vitamins b/c of the sals.

I don't know about "super duper" but it has worked very well for me & that's Solgar brand 'Vitamins Only". Free of sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, soy, gluten & dairy. No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.

I hate to say this & it's going to throw you for a curve but right now, going low sal, you need not to take the "natural or herbal" vitamins b/c of the sals.

I don't know about "super duper" but it has worked very well for me & that's Solgar brand 'Vitamins Only". Free of sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, soy, gluten & dairy. No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.

Yes I switched multivitamins.

Yes I switched multivitamins.

Good. I meant to say also that I called Solgar about those vitamins before I took them just to make sure they had no iodine & they don't.

It may very well be that after a couple months of low sals that you can begin adding back in things one at a time & see how you react. Some people find they can do certain sals but not others. Also, you don't want to stay low iodine for too long at a time. But you'll have to watch it for overdoing iodine --- such as seafood might cause a reaction b/c it's SO high iodine. You see?

Good. I meant to say also that I called Solgar about those vitamins before I took them just to make sure they had no iodine & they don't.

It may very well be that after a couple months of low sals that you can begin adding back in things one at a time & see how you react. Some people find they can do certain sals but not others. Also, you don't want to stay low iodine for too long at a time. But you'll have to watch it for overdoing iodine --- such as seafood might cause a reaction b/c it's SO high iodine. You see?

How long should I stay low iodine before I add back iodine foods?

How long should I stay low iodine before I add back iodine foods?

People do it for the thyroid cancer treatment for a 2 week period. I wouldn't do it for certainly no more than 3 weeks max. & during the 3rd week I would be adding a little in. 4th week I would certainly make sure I was getting the min. recommended amt. per day which is 150 mcg. You can go above that. Google thyca.org & look at their cookbook --- I think it's pg. 11 that lists the foods high in iodine.

Then just kind of be aware of what you're eating that's high iodine right? If you have a reaction then back off some.