6 replies to this topic

#1 Mateto

Mateto

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Well since the lab tested my blood for everything but coeliacs -- which was the REASON I was tested to begin with...I'm going for more bloodwork tomorrow morning.

My new doctor is not the best, my old doctor was excellent but she's on break right now, and the fill-in...well I don't believe she has a clue as to whether anaemia and anorexia are two different things.

So please keep me in mind and say a prayer for me that this will be it, other than the possible biopsy.
Gluten-free since St George's Day this year :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

I wish you the best of Irish luck, Mateto. Just to be clear, these are the tests you should ask for:

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA
Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG
Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA
Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA
Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG
Total Serum IgA

:)
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Good luck! I hope you get a clear answer.

#4 Type1CDE

Type1CDE

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

Not to hijack the thread but skylark you seem so knowledgable about the labs... Why would my DGP-IGA be over 100 but my DGP-IGG be negative (16)? Any ideas?

#5 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Not to hijack the thread but skylark you seem so knowledgable about the labs... Why would my DGP-IGA be over 100 but my DGP-IGG be negative (16)? Any ideas?

I believe I answered multiple times in your original thread where you put all the information. If you have new information it's easier to bump the old thread so we can see all your labs together.

#6 Mateto

Mateto

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

They should bloody well know what's wrong with me by the end of the week, after taking 6 or 7 vials of blood.

To be sure, when the nurse was finished taking my blood, I said "and what am I being tested for?". "We're doing a general run-through, and also checking for coeliac sprue".

Mushroom, nothing you listed was on my sheet-thing that I had to give to the nurse, but she knew she was checking for coeliacs, so there must have been something written on it.

Skylark, if I don't get a clear answer I think I might as well dig a hole and live in it, to keep my anger levels down. I've become quite angry with the medical "profession" as of late, but I think they've become quite angry with me.

I don't know. I know being a doctor must be quite stressful, but would it hurt for them to actually care about their patient? Pills and bloodwork doesn't solve anything.

If this doesn't work, I'm going to go gluten free, and see if my symptoms (all symptoms of coeliac) do away. I think they will. I can't go gluten free yet, just in case I do need a biopsy after this bloodwork.

I keep saying to myself with gritted teeth "Keep calm...put the kettle on....smiiiiile" :lol: <-my fake happy face. Picture exaggerated fake smile.
Gluten-free since St George's Day this year :)

#7 mamaupupup

mamaupupup

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yes, we have a saying in our house, "Celiac with a Smile." Thinking about you! The only thing worse about having to do labs twice is when you have to take a 35 pound 5 year old in because the pediatrician forgot to check all the boxes...I feel for you too!

Hang in there! It's great to get info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: