Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Wishbone Fat Free Ranch

5 posts in this topic

Is there something in there that can cause d.?I had the d bad after we went out to Red Robin. I brought the dressing with me and put it on my frys. I don't usually get sick from the frys. So does anyone know if there is an ingrediant in this fat free dressing that can cause d.? Thanks very much.

Ads by Google:

My guess is that it contains soy. Soybean oil can be found in almost every salad dressing on the market (and mayo, etc.). It never fails to cause the big D with me....so I simply stay away from all processed foods--especially salad dressings! I just make my own.

It's entirely possible it could be CC. If not, it certainly has a lot of artificial ingredients in it including soy, various gums, dairy, etc. Have you used it before without any reaction? For some reason I have never liked any fat-free dressings.

http://www.wish-bone...-salad-dressing

INGREDIENTS:

WATER, CORN SYRUP, WHEY (MILK), DISTILLED VINEGAR, CULTURED MILK AND CREAM, SUGAR, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, SALT, ONION JUICE, CELLULOSE GEL AND CELLULOSE GUM, GARLIC JUICE, SOYBEAN OIL**, CULTURED NONFAT BUTTERMILK, PHOSPHORIC ACID, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, XANTHAN GUM, GARLIC POWDER, ONION POWDER, NATURAL FLAVOR (MILK), PROPYLENE GLYCOL ALGINATE, COLOR ADDED, SODIUM BENZOATE AND SORBIC ACID AND CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (USED TO PROTECT QUALITY), SPICE, LEMON JUICE CONCENTRATE, CHIVES*, DL ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E), DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, MALTODEXTRIN (CORN). *DEHYDRATED **ADDS AN INSIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF FAT

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm going to return it or throw it away and probably not eat frys for a while. Something went wrong between the dressing, frys and salad. I'm better today, but feel a bladder problem which I feel when I have a reaction with the d. No fun, hope it passes soon.