I Need To Complain!

• Please log in to reply

43 replies to this topic

#31 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

I am drinking bone broth made from chicken bones everyday. Should I be rotating this? Will I become intolerant to it?

Unless they have been somehow contaminated, the chicken bones are gluten-free. If you are making your own broth from them, it will be gluten-free. Just because you eat something daily does not mean you will develop a problem with it. It is not something that would worry me.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

I wouldn't worry about it either, unless you're adding canned stock to it that might have msg or autolyzed yeast extract? They *could* give you a problem, because they are chemicals.

I know how frustrating and dire your situation is to you right now. It's easy to question everything, which is your survival instinct kicking in. Question..but don't stress or worry. Your broth should be fine..and help heal your gut? Some cultures think of it as "penicillan" for colds, etc. ;)

#33 Littllemel

Littllemel

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

I went to my ND today. She wants me to stop the rotation diet since I seem to be getting worse since I started it. I have to go on an all grain and veg diet since those are the foods that bother me the least. That means quinoa, rice, oatmeal and amaranth for me for awhile. I seem to have trouble digesting proteins. She put me on HCL but only if I eat proteins. She also gave me a live probiotic that I have to keep refrigerated. I was on iFlora but she wants me on the live one. I have to drink 2 protein shakes a day that she gave to me that will make up for the loss of meat in my diet. She agrees with going off eggs and nuts too. I also have to continue my enzymes and L-Glutamine 3x a day along with my bone broth.
She strongly believes that I don't have Celiac and that my problem was caused by over use of steroids/nsaids and PPIs. The PPIs suppressed my acid so much that my stomach doesn't work properly to create enough acid to properly digest food which lead to the leaky gut. HCL is supposed to help with that along with ACV I take before each meal already. She also gave me a dose of some "remedy" that she made for me based on my symptoms.
I think it psychosomatic but I already feel better. (except for my kidneys) I am taking cranberry and D-Mannose 3x a day for that so I hopefully can avoid antibiotics.
Some of the stuff she says does go against what I have read on these forums like the rotation diet and eating all grains for awhile but she really seems to know what she is talking about. She says she has treated many people with leaky gut and alot of kids seem to have it. I feel good about trusting her judgement. It is nice to have some hope in all of this mess. Cross your fingers for me!! Say some prayers too. :)
Gluten Free since 3/2/2012
Dairy/Soy/Corn Free since 04/06/2012
Leaky Gut 5/2012
Candida 09/2012
Porphyrins in Urine 10/2012

#34 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Well, I don't know a thing about what she said except I will agree that steroids can mess you up on a psychodellic level. Been there, done that.

I hope it helps.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#35 JoyfulGF

JoyfulGF

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Littllemel, I will pray for you!
Married my best friend May '08
Fertility problems since fall of 08
Lots of money spent on test after test from Thyroid problems to PCOS
Started to do my own research and journal what I ate Sept '11
Strictly Gluten free since Dec '11
Highest weight:178
Down to: 155 Yay!
Praying for a little miracle!

#36 mamaupupup

mamaupupup

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hi there!
I'm thinking of you! I can add a little on the BC front: I finally went with the Mirena IUD. I never thought I would and I'm so glad I did. My hormones/emotions are very well balanced, of course with some ups and downs. I tolerated BC pills before I had kids, but afterwards something changed. Sometimes gynecologists can be the best, most empathetic doctors out there.
Just an idea.
Sending you lots of strength!

#37 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

I went to my ND today. She wants me to stop the rotation diet since I seem to be getting worse since I started it. I have to go on an all grain and veg diet since those are the foods that bother me the least. That means quinoa, rice, oatmeal and amaranth for me for awhile. I seem to have trouble digesting proteins. She put me on HCL but only if I eat proteins. She also gave me a live probiotic that I have to keep refrigerated. I was on iFlora but she wants me on the live one. I have to drink 2 protein shakes a day that she gave to me that will make up for the loss of meat in my diet. She agrees with going off eggs and nuts too. I also have to continue my enzymes and L-Glutamine 3x a day along with my bone broth.
She strongly believes that I don't have Celiac and that my problem was caused by over use of steroids/nsaids and PPIs. The PPIs suppressed my acid so much that my stomach doesn't work properly to create enough acid to properly digest food which lead to the leaky gut. HCL is supposed to help with that along with ACV I take before each meal already. She also gave me a dose of some "remedy" that she made for me based on my symptoms.
I think it psychosomatic but I already feel better. (except for my kidneys) I am taking cranberry and D-Mannose 3x a day for that so I hopefully can avoid antibiotics.
Some of the stuff she says does go against what I have read on these forums like the rotation diet and eating all grains for awhile but she really seems to know what she is talking about. She says she has treated many people with leaky gut and alot of kids seem to have it. I feel good about trusting her judgement. It is nice to have some hope in all of this mess. Cross your fingers for me!! Say some prayers too. :)

I agree..PPIs can mess you up if you take them for a long time..espcially. The symptoms for low acid and high acid are the same. Most Dr.s don't test our acid levels before prescribing. They hear "reflux" and write up an RX.
I was having GB like pain for over 2 years. An ultrasound showed no stones, so the Dr. dismissed any other complaints about it. Six months after being DX with Celiac I got a HIDA scan and my GB was poorly functioning. Guess what one of the causes for that is? PPIs! I was told to consult a surgeon about removal, but I stopped the PPI instead. In a very short time the pain decreased dramatically.

Your ND may be right..but I would just caution you to be VERY careful about oats. If you do have gluten intolerance..cc oats are a big problem.
Be sure to note your reaction to quinoa too? Some people don't tolerate that very well either.

#38 Littllemel

Littllemel

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Turns out the HMF probiotics I were given were grown in milk. I can't believe my ND gave me those!! I can't believe I trusted her and didn't check on my own!! So i have been sick again, It took me 2 days to figure out what it was. Yesterday was another ER visit for me because I had a panic attack about how this is the way my life will be forever. I will never get well and I will always have to eat this crazy diet. I walk down the isles of grocery store seeing food after food that I can never eat. I turn down social invites so I don't have to show people my freaky diet.
The ER gave me a shot of Lorazapam and I actually got some much needed rest and was able to relax for a few hours. They gave me an rx but i can't use it because it has a lactose base. Figures!
Im starting to become afraid of food. I bring the fork up to my lips and think, Is this the time that my body will reject this food? I am on my all grains/veggies/fruit diet and I feel so scared that I am running out of foods. It's only a matter of time before I am intolerant to everything. Then what?
I am getting new weird pains in my liver area after I eat. What is that about?!
Once again, I hate my life!!!!
Leaky Gut 5/2012
Candida 09/2012

#39 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Turns out the HMF probiotics I were given were grown in milk. I can't believe my ND gave me those!! I can't believe I trusted her and didn't check on my own!! So i have been sick again, It took me 2 days to figure out what it was. Yesterday was another ER visit for me because I had a panic attack about how this is the way my life will be forever. I will never get well and I will always have to eat this crazy diet. I walk down the isles of grocery store seeing food after food that I can never eat. I turn down social invites so I don't have to show people my freaky diet.
The ER gave me a shot of Lorazapam and I actually got some much needed rest and was able to relax for a few hours. They gave me an rx but i can't use it because it has a lactose base. Figures!
Im starting to become afraid of food. I bring the fork up to my lips and think, Is this the time that my body will reject this food? I am on my all grains/veggies/fruit diet and I feel so scared that I am running out of foods. It's only a matter of time before I am intolerant to everything. Then what?
I am getting new weird pains in my liver area after I eat. What is that about?!
Once again, I hate my life!!!!

:o :angry: Oh man! You can't catch a break I swear? If you have a problem with dairy it will affect your moods. No wonder you're feeling so down!

Have you had your gallbladder function tested with a HIDA scan? Your history of PPI use along with gluten intolerance would make you more likely to have GB dyskinesia. It might explain the pain you're felling?

If you've been gluten-free sine Mar.4, and have had some cc issues..you have a lot of healing to do. I question the large amount of L-Glutamine you're taking though. Maybe try cutting that to 2 times daily?

OK..so the last we knew, you were waiting for the results of the test on your bladder? Did the Dr. call? If it's a bacterial infection, it might be wise to take the RX?
Your probiotics..I would recommend Culturelle..the dairy free one. Check the label they make 2 kinds. It's been proven to make it to the intestine without being destroyed by stomach acid. It's a very good one.

I wouldn't recommend restricting protein. It's what your body needs to heal. In fact, I recommend a bit of protein with every meal. Take a digestive enzyme or a bit of vinegar(with the mother is best) in water with a bit of honey or sugar if you need it to get it down.
Actually, grains are hard to digest if your system is upset. Limit beans or be sure to take the enzymes with them.

I'd say avoid gluten-free alternitive foods..odd grains like quinoa, and amaranth, or manufactured baked goods.

Do you like gluten-free Rice Krispies? Use them as a cereal with coconut milk, or milk alternative of your choice.

Be aware of what oils you use. Some people don't tolerate canola, others are just fine with it. You need good fats though. Do you tolerate avacados? Olive oil? Coconut oil?

Most people do not react badly to veggies..except those that have nightshade intolerances. Load up on those.

Fruits..find the ones that agree with you and eat them. How about babanas, mangoes, peeled yellow delicious apples?

#40 Littllemel

Littllemel

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

No I haven't had an HIDA scan. I just had an ultrasound and everything looked fine. According to the ER the tests I took with the DR last week were all negative. I know my kidney pain is from dehydration. That is my number one symptom when I eat a food intolerance. My mouth drys up, my kidneys hurt and water just goes right through me without being absorbed at all. Then comes the high emotions, the shaking, insomnia, hot/cold flashes and night sweats. These same things happen every time. If I tell a DR this info, it's like it goes in one ear and out the other. My symptoms are pretty quick too because I will know within 20 min of eating something that I am going to have a reaction. I will just start crying for no reason.
I will try and play it real safe tomorrow. I am cutting out every supplement that the ND gave me. If I become intolerant to another food tomorrow I will have to go to the ER again because I am sooo dehydrated. I am adding sea salt to my water and drinking lots of bone broth but it's just not working.
Leaky Gut 5/2012
Candida 09/2012

#41 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

No I haven't had an HIDA scan. I just had an ultrasound and everything looked fine. According to the ER the tests I took with the DR last week were all negative. I know my kidney pain is from dehydration. That is my number one symptom when I eat a food intolerance. My mouth drys up, my kidneys hurt and water just goes right through me without being absorbed at all. Then comes the high emotions, the shaking, insomnia, hot/cold flashes and night sweats. These same things happen every time. If I tell a DR this info, it's like it goes in one ear and out the other. My symptoms are pretty quick too because I will know within 20 min of eating something that I am going to have a reaction. I will just start crying for no reason.
I will try and play it real safe tomorrow. I am cutting out every supplement that the ND gave me. If I become intolerant to another food tomorrow I will have to go to the ER again because I am sooo dehydrated. I am adding sea salt to my water and drinking lots of bone broth but it's just not working.

Why are you adding sea salt to your water? Your body needs plain water. Salt water will make you more dehydrated.

When you have an IV they add salt because it's a constant drip and they don't want your electrolites to flush out, but I've never heard of adding salt to drinking water? When someone is stranded in the ocean after a boating accident, or whatever..they don't survive if they drink the salt water. It makes dehydration worse!

#42 Littllemel

Littllemel

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

My ND instructed me to put a pinch of salt in my water and this is to help maintain electrolytes. I have noticed it works a little better than just regular water but some gatorade would be nice right now but Im too scared to try it.
I am seeing a new GI on monday and I will let her know about the GB dyskinesia and ask for a scan. I have researched it a bit and my symptoms do seem to match. I wonder if my intolerances will go away if I have my GB removed. That would be nice.
Leaky Gut 5/2012
Candida 09/2012

#43 nora_n

nora_n

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

I canot have any forms of milk either, so I end up cooking everything from scratch, but I am used to that.

The only thing that upsets me is reading celiac forums with people raving about this or that, and it contains milk and/or wheatstarch or glucose from wheat.
gluten-free since may 06 after neg. biopsy symptoms went away and DH symptoms which I had since 03 got gradually better.
daughter officially diagnosed celiac and casein intolerant.
non-DQ2 or DQ8. Maybe DQ1? Updated: Yes, double DQ5
Hypothyroid since 2000, thyroxine first started to work well 06 on a low-carb and gluten-free diet
Lost 20 kg after going gluten-free and weighing 53 kg now. neg. biopsy for DH. Found out afterwards from this forum that it should have been taken during an outbreak but it was taken two weeks after. vitaminD was 57 nmol/l in may08)

#44 Littllemel

Littllemel

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

I am currently on day 5 after my last glutoning. I can't believe I keep being so careless. It was sunflower seeds that must have had CC. Now I am leary of my sunflower oil but I have not had any issues from that. I am down to just olive and sunflower oil as my only sources of good fats now. I am too scared to try others. My IgG shows I am intolerant to dairy, eggs, almonds, bananas, cranberries and pineapple but not wheats/glutens. Yet I am reacting to everything lately because of my leaky gut. I am off soy, corn, yeast. I am down to like 10 safe foods and I am a prisoner in my own home. I did get a HIDA scan and my GB is fine. I still have sharp pains in that area so I am assuming my liver is bothering me. I have been on Milk Thistle for about 2 weeks and some symptoms have died down but not enough. How long does it take to detox a liver?
This latest gluten illness has been the worst by far. I was in the hospital a couple of times this week. First it was for dehydration then malabsorption. I am not absorbing any of my water/foods and it makes me hypoglycemic and of course makes me lose more weight. This is day 5 and I am still having trouble absorbing my foods/fats. Having lots of C and floaters. Still shaking all the time from low blood sugar. And so weak that I spend most of my afternoons in bed with a killer headache. I canít believe how much work I am missing.
And to top everything off I now of low back pain. WTH!! Itís so bad that I canít sleep at night. I canít take any medicine for it because of my intolerances. I got a rx for Valum but I called the manufacturer and it has lactose in it.

I am sooo frustrated. Anyone know of a good painkiller that has no allergens in it?
Leaky Gut 5/2012
Candida 09/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: