17 replies to this topic

#16 BabsV

BabsV

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Can you recommend a quality hotel in the historic district? I have reviewed lots of photos on the internet, but I know that pictures can be far from reality. We are leaning toward a Rome base and do the side trips.

We rented an apartment for the time we were in Rome -- it ended up being cheaper than a decent hotel and we had more space plus a kitchen so we could do breakfasts 'in.'

We used the website oh-rome (just google oh rome apartments) -- there was a huge selection you can narrow by what you want (location, wi-fi, satellite tv, parking, etc.) The apartment we got was exactly as described and had an amazing location.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 CeliacAndCfsCrusader

CeliacAndCfsCrusader

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

For places to stay, I would recommend:

www.venere.it

and www.vrbo.com

Both are good choices for private homes/apartments and hotels.

As a Celiac, I always prefer to have a kitchen. I have rented via vrbo.com perhaps 12 times and have never been disappointed. Look for listings with reviews, lots of photos and "get a feel" for the owner's communication and responsiveness.

Have a blast!

Remember, in Italy, you can often buy gluten-free food/snacks at the local pharmacy.

#18 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

We lived in Italy for 2 years, loved it! We found Rome super to get around by city bus, cheap too. Wonderful thing about Italy is they are very big on their veggies so you ahve all kinds of wonderful dishes without the worry of sauces of gluten. Keep your valuables in a real safe place. A family member was nearly robbed during a visit but police in street clothes had been watching and caught the guys. Language won't be a problem and neither will the menu, have a great time!!
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: