#1 jenclement13

jenclement13

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hi! I'm Jen and I might not be crazy.

I've been struggling with weird symptoms for years and years, I'm 31 now and strange things have been happening since I was a little baby. As a baby I was treated as though something was wrong, the older I got the more I was told I was nuts and my symptoms didn't make sense.

Over the last couple of years I've been feeling worse and worse. Test after test after test after test. Testing for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid disorders and much more.

I was tested positive for Hashimoto's disease, and I thought I finally found the answer, but I met with an endocrinologist and he told me that regardless of having incredibly high anti-thyroglobulin antibodies, that my thyroid function is normal and that none of my symptoms are related. However, today he ran the blood tests to see if I have Celiac disease.

Now I'm just terrified that this isn't the answer and I don't know what else to do.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hi Jen, and welcome, and you probably are not crazy :) However, you are amongst many who have been told in their former lives that they were crazy. Fortunately, most of them did not believe it and went on to find out what was really wrong.

I am afraid you just have to sit tight and hold on for the test results to come back. You might try reading about how to do the gluten free diet in the meantime because I have a sneaking suspicion that this is information you might need.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 jenclement13

jenclement13

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hi Jen, and welcome, and you probably are not crazy :) However, you are amongst many who have been told in their former lives that they were crazy. Fortunately, most of them did not believe it and went on to find out what was really wrong.

I am afraid you just have to sit tight and hold on for the test results to come back. You might try reading about how to do the gluten free diet in the meantime because I have a sneaking suspicion that this is information you might need.

Well, at least I've discovered I'm very patient ("Patience" is tattooed across my knuckles). I've had to wait years just to have the appropriate thyroid tests run, what's another couple of days waiting on blood results?

I just can't believe how many "ah ha" moments I've had by reading articles on this site and by browsing some posts on this forum. I feel like I finally have a doctor going in the right direction.

#4 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well, at least I've discovered I'm very patient ("Patience" is tattooed across my knuckles). I've had to wait years just to have the appropriate thyroid tests run, what's another couple of days waiting on blood results?

I just can't believe how many "ah ha" moments I've had by reading articles on this site and by browsing some posts on this forum. I feel like I finally have a doctor going in the right direction.

You are going to need that patience, both with yourself and others, if your tests come back positive, or even if you trial the gluten free diet if they are negative. And the Ah ha moments continue - I still have at least one new one every day :rolleyes: Yes, patience is a virtue designed especially for celiacs, and those without it have a hard time. Bonne chance on your test results.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009