Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anyone Trying This Month?

16 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone is trying this month and/or are thinking they're pregnant?

I got my period on the 15th in March, it's a day late, but I could be a little too excited and maybe it'll show up in a day or so. I did buy a box of three tests though. I don't think it's coincidence that my period was right on the dot last month after being gluten-free for 3-4 months and now she hasn't shown herself!

Thinking about testing in the morning. Who is in the same boat?

Ads by Google:

I'm not trying at all. Hubby got the big snip. Just practice.

But good luck to you!

Some things I remember about being pregnant early was either incredibly hungry or feeling queasy. The blood vessels in my gums made them look very red. I had recently had some dental work and I thought something was wrong. I could feel my pulse in the insicion area and thought it was getting infected.

Just wondering if anyone is trying this month and/or are thinking they're pregnant?

I got my period on the 15th in March, it's a day late, but I could be a little too excited and maybe it'll show up in a day or so. I did buy a box of three tests though. I don't think it's coincidence that my period was right on the dot last month after being gluten-free for 3-4 months and now she hasn't shown herself!

Thinking about testing in the morning. Who is in the same boat?

I'm not trying either..but thought I'd share that with both of my prgenancies my very first "tell" was breast tenderness.

Good luck! :D

We are. First month out. Thought I was at first because I was so nauseous all day. But nope...we hold out til next month!

Good luck for you! Hope you guys are pregnant!

Period still didn't show, but test was negative....hmm...maybe I'll wait a week or so.

Bubba's Mom, mine are rather tender...who knows though, maybe I'm looking for it too much!

Period still didn't show, but test was negative....hmm...maybe I'll wait a week or so.

Bubba's Mom, mine are rather tender...who knows though, maybe I'm looking for it too much!

Anything's possible! Keep in mind, though, 3-4 months on schedule doesn't mean much when it comes to your cycle. I've had mine be 100% predictable for six months and then go completely sideways for no reason. Hope you get a little pink plus in a week!

Anything's possible! Keep in mind, though, 3-4 months on schedule doesn't mean much when it comes to your cycle. I've had mine be 100% predictable for six months and then go completely sideways for no reason. Hope you get a little pink plus in a week!

AF is still a no show. :/ I wish she would either show up or I would be pregnant...none of this goofing off stuff. lol

Last month was the first month on schedule, might take a few months of on schedule for everything to be realigned. I know because of the gluten-free diet, things started to get better. I get excited when I hear encouraging stories about people being on the diet for only a month and then they get pregnant.

AF is still a no show. :/ I wish she would either show up or I would be pregnant...none of this goofing off stuff. lol

Last month was the first month on schedule, might take a few months of on schedule for everything to be realigned. I know because of the gluten-free diet, things started to get better. I get excited when I hear encouraging stories about people being on the diet for only a month and then they get pregnant.

AF?

And it isn't nice that the trying is such a pleasant activity???

AF?

And it isn't nice that the trying is such a pleasant activity???

AF= Aunt Flo, abbreviation for period just said in a more girly way....lol

Oh yes, euphoric...leads to nap....leads to hunger! LOL Haha Oh my gosh!

Just finished another failed fertility cycle, here's hoping next month is better.

Good luck

Still no period. Today is day 39 of my so called cycle, since my period hasn't shown. Had pin size spotting in CM this morning and then pink TP this afternoon. My breasts are tender and glands feel swollen. If period doesn't show tomorrow...not sure what I'll do. I have two tests in the bathroom. :/

upwitht21, I hope/pray that next month is better for you!

Thanks me too. Seems like a very long road without an end in sight at times.

Keep us posted =)

Good morning all!

I'm only slightly disappointed, but at the same time I'm very very encouraged because I got my period today. This means my cycle is about 41 days long. I don't want to become too distracted and constantly thinking about this, but I am going to start keeping a close eye on when my period comes and putting it on a calendar.

It was so chaotic before (gluten-free) that I never kept track.

I'm not sure why I feel I have to write this to you mommies to be. Maybe because my son's birthday is in a matter of weeks.

I went for my first pregnancy appointment and they draw blood and do a quick pregnancy test and start to determine what week of pregnancy you are at. That went fine or so I thought. The next appointment I was having an internal ultrasound because the HCG level was soo high. The doctor was looking for multiples or if the pregnancy was many weeks ahead. The ultrasound showed one "blastocyst" with no heartbeat. (you kinda know you are in trouble when the terms are everything but "baby".) The doctor told me it would be best to end the "pregnancy" immediately and to he was sending me to the hospital accross the street. He said a level the high for a single pregnancy would surely mean a deformity even if there was a heartbeat and it appeared that the HCG level had dropped. He pressured me forever to just get the abortion. He finally backed off when I told him I just need to talk to my husband.

By the time I did tell my husband what was going on, I started to think it was time to listen to my own body. I still felt pregnant. I checked the pregnancy information book, some information is just a guesstimate timeline. The heartbeart should show up in the five to six weeks timeline. I decided to at least wait until wait should be the 6th week. (The Dr. said it didn't really matter that a spontanious abortion would surely happen during the week.)

I waited that week. My husband went with me to the next appointment. And there it was "blinking like a star in the dark midnight sky" a heartbeat. :D Doctor ~ Fired.

I was off to find a different OBGYN.

Speculations on what happened... Lab screw up on the blood test. A twin that did not survive could have blocked the view of the living heartbeat.

He will be 13 in a few weeks and is 5' 7" 147 lbs. athelitic build. No developmental disabilities. :)

Moral of the story people will tell you horror stories. (even doctors) You body is built and designed to do this and have a lot of faith. ;)

I'm not sure why I feel I have to write this to you mommies to be. Maybe because my son's birthday is in a matter of weeks.

I went for my first pregnancy appointment and they draw blood and do a quick pregnancy test and start to determine what week of pregnancy you are at. That went fine or so I thought. The next appointment I was having an internal ultrasound because the HCG level was soo high. The doctor was looking for multiples or if the pregnancy was many weeks ahead. The ultrasound showed one "blastocyst" with no heartbeat. (you kinda know you are in trouble when the terms are everything but "baby".) The doctor told me it would be best to end the "pregnancy" immediately and to he was sending me to the hospital accross the street. He said a level the high for a single pregnancy would surely mean a deformity even if there was a heartbeat and it appeared that the HCG level had dropped. He pressured me forever to just get the abortion. He finally backed off when I told him I just need to talk to my husband.

By the time I did tell my husband what was going on, I started to think it was time to listen to my own body. I still felt pregnant. I checked the pregnancy information book, some information is just a guesstimate timeline. The heartbeart should show up in the five to six weeks timeline. I decided to at least wait until wait should be the 6th week. (The Dr. said it didn't really matter that a spontanious abortion would surely happen during the week.)

I waited that week. My husband went with me to the next appointment. And there it was "blinking like a star in the dark midnight sky" a heartbeat. :D Doctor ~ Fired.

Speculations on what happened... Lab screw up on the blood test. A twin that did not survive could have blocked the view of the living heartbeat.

He will be 13 in a few weeks and is 5' 7" 147 lbs. athelitic build. No developmental disabilities. :)

Moral of the story people will tell you horror stories. (even doctors) You body is built and designed to do this and have a lot of faith. ;)

Awwe! Mommida! Thank you so much for sharing that!

I think the labs screw up more than we know, especially when it comes to pregnancy. I read a great book on how we shouldn't believe how far along we are when they tell us. They calculate the pregnancy weeks in the wrong way, think we're not as far along as we really are and because of that, make assumptions. Because they go off the typical cycle "30 days/14 days prior to expected period" and they use that to determine our baby's birthday. Sorry, I have a thing for pregnancy and how it really works.

Good for you for not listening to the doctor. Happy birthday to your son! Life is so precious!

You too??

I had a sonogram at apx. the same time, but normal blood work. Sonogram didn't show a heartbeat and they couldn't get me in that day for a better sonogram (my OB was livid).

We saw his heartbeat 3 days later. My OB was beside himself - we were working off dates I gave him and he wanted to adjust forward a week...I let him because I wanted a later due date (less chance they'd push to induce). But hubs and I know when our son was conceived - there was only one date it could have been due to travel, schedule - September 11, 2001.

I remember thinking the same thing - I FEEL pregnant. He's not going anywhere.