#1 jadesmaster

jadesmaster

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hello-
After having lots of diaherrea in my 20's at around 30 years old I was tested with blood tests and told I had a mild to moderate wheat allergy. I did continue eating wheat but cut back. I also developed Hashimotos, chronic aching in my muscles and some joints, acid reflux, IBS and general not feeling well . An osteopath doctor told me to go grain free and my Hashimotos would get better. I went gluten free for two months, In Jan-March. Then ate it again for two weeks. My bad cystic acne flared up and I felt worse. I got a lab test for celiac done and am waiting for osteopath to read it's results. I think it is negative, but not sure.
Immunoglobulin A Qn was 527 (High 70-400)
Deamidated Gliadin IgA is 9 (negative)
tTG IGA is <2 (negative)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jadesmaster

jadesmaster

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

Also Chron's, IBS, Hashimotos and Lupus runs on the maternal side of my family. None have been tested for Celiac though.

#3 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

Yes, it's negative. :) You are probably gluten intolerant rather than celiac. With one autoimmune disease you're at risk for more so it's good to be off gluten.

#4 Lori2

Lori2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Also, you were gluten free for two months before testing and only back on gluten for two weeks. That could have had an effect on your results.

#5 jadesmaster

jadesmaster

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Okay. What does the high immoglobulin mean? I have been unable to figure that out, even searching the internet. Can someone tell me about that level?

#6 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

It can come up with autoimmune diseases, including celiac. I wonder if it has anything to do with your Hashimoto's?

#7 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,766 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

Did you feel better on the two months you were gluten free? After being gluten free for two months you needed longer back on gluten for testing. If you want retesting go back to gluten for at least another two months and test again. But if you feel better gluten free go back to it after the testing is over. Your body knows the answer.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#8 Metoo

Metoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Hello-
After having lots of diaherrea in my 20's at around 30 years old I was tested with blood tests and told I had a mild to moderate wheat allergy. I did continue eating wheat but cut back. I also developed Hashimotos, chronic aching in my muscles and some joints, acid reflux, IBS and general not feeling well . An osteopath doctor told me to go grain free and my Hashimotos would get better. I went gluten free for two months, In Jan-March. Then ate it again for two weeks. My bad cystic acne flared up and I felt worse. I got a lab test for celiac done and am waiting for osteopath to read it's results. I think it is negative, but not sure.
Immunoglobulin A Qn was 527 (High 70-400)
Deamidated Gliadin IgA is 9 (negative)
tTG IGA is <2 (negative)

Did you have a scratch test for the wheat allergy? If not, I would suggest a scratch test, if you react via scratch test...you should NOT be eating wheat, you can't just cut back. But I would get retested.

I had terrible cystic acne. Since going gluten free its gone....I still have terrible acne, but I no longer have had the cystic acne. I really believe that my family is celiac, but I and my mom tested negative.

#9 jadesmaster

jadesmaster

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

I have had a blood test for wheat and did show mild allergy. I had scratch test years and years ago, but I can't remember now if wheat was one. I know weeds, etc were so can't recall wheat or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: