Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Lab Test Results- I Have But Doctor Hasn't Tole Me Yet What They Mean

9 posts in this topic

Hello-

After having lots of diaherrea in my 20's at around 30 years old I was tested with blood tests and told I had a mild to moderate wheat allergy. I did continue eating wheat but cut back. I also developed Hashimotos, chronic aching in my muscles and some joints, acid reflux, IBS and general not feeling well . An osteopath doctor told me to go grain free and my Hashimotos would get better. I went gluten free for two months, In Jan-March. Then ate it again for two weeks. My bad cystic acne flared up and I felt worse. I got a lab test for celiac done and am waiting for osteopath to read it's results. I think it is negative, but not sure.

Immunoglobulin A Qn was 527 (High 70-400)

Deamidated Gliadin IgA is 9 (negative)

tTG IGA is <2 (negative)

Ads by Google:

Also Chron's, IBS, Hashimotos and Lupus runs on the maternal side of my family. None have been tested for Celiac though.

Yes, it's negative. :) You are probably gluten intolerant rather than celiac. With one autoimmune disease you're at risk for more so it's good to be off gluten.

Also, you were gluten free for two months before testing and only back on gluten for two weeks. That could have had an effect on your results.

Okay. What does the high immoglobulin mean? I have been unable to figure that out, even searching the internet. Can someone tell me about that level?

It can come up with autoimmune diseases, including celiac. I wonder if it has anything to do with your Hashimoto's?

Did you feel better on the two months you were gluten free? After being gluten free for two months you needed longer back on gluten for testing. If you want retesting go back to gluten for at least another two months and test again. But if you feel better gluten free go back to it after the testing is over. Your body knows the answer.

Hello-

After having lots of diaherrea in my 20's at around 30 years old I was tested with blood tests and told I had a mild to moderate wheat allergy. I did continue eating wheat but cut back. I also developed Hashimotos, chronic aching in my muscles and some joints, acid reflux, IBS and general not feeling well . An osteopath doctor told me to go grain free and my Hashimotos would get better. I went gluten free for two months, In Jan-March. Then ate it again for two weeks. My bad cystic acne flared up and I felt worse. I got a lab test for celiac done and am waiting for osteopath to read it's results. I think it is negative, but not sure.

Immunoglobulin A Qn was 527 (High 70-400)

Deamidated Gliadin IgA is 9 (negative)

tTG IGA is <2 (negative)

Did you have a scratch test for the wheat allergy? If not, I would suggest a scratch test, if you react via scratch test...you should NOT be eating wheat, you can't just cut back. But I would get retested.

I had terrible cystic acne. Since going gluten free its gone....I still have terrible acne, but I no longer have had the cystic acne. I really believe that my family is celiac, but I and my mom tested negative.

I have had a blood test for wheat and did show mild allergy. I had scratch test years and years ago, but I can't remember now if wheat was one. I know weeds, etc were so can't recall wheat or not.