Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Et Tu, Chocolat

11 posts in this topic

Et tu, chocolate? I've spent most of my life in daily, slavish devotion to you- only eating the most intensely rich versions of you I could find. True, my attention lessened this last year as I was getting my GI tract under control, but did you have to betray me by becoming a new food intolerance? It's bad enough that dairy, tomatoes, and most grains betrayed me and left me pizza-less. (What I wouldn't do for pizza without pain!!) And fructose can only come around a little bit. But YOU? The love of my life? You were the ONLY food treat I had left! Now I'm stuck with 3-ingredient, peanut butter cookies as my only dessert.

Damn you, gluten, for turning everyone away from me!

Ads by Google:

I hear ya'. I can't tolerate all the amines in chocolate. It gives me a migraine. Tomatoes, dairy, grains, all out. I run screaming from Italian restaurants.

We'll cry over our coconut macaroons and peanut butter cookies together.

:(

Maybe chocolate will come back to you. It's only been one year. And then, what sweet reunion it will be!

Are you sure it's chocolate..and not soy lethicin?

Just asking..hoping you can still have taste by using baking cocoa..or a sqirt of Hershy's syrup?

I really miss good dark chocolate. :(

Thanks for the sympathy, y'all! I'll definitely try it again in several months. :) Still have hopes that dairy will come back one day!

Are you sure it's chocolate..and not soy lethicin?

Just asking..hoping you can still have taste by using baking cocoa..or a sqirt of Hershy's syrup?

I really miss good dark chocolate. :(

I eat/ate Fearless or Enjoy Life brand chocolate bars, both of which have very simple ingredients. So no soy lethicin. (Wish it were that!!! And thanks for the suggestion.) I saw this coming the last time I had chocolate, so not surprised. Just very, very bummed.

I NEVER lose hope that the secondary intolerances will resolve in time (just stubborn I guess :rolleyes: )

but I wept a bit for you, honey!

and ....chocolate is not my pal right now either....waaaaa. :(

Never say never!

Can you have other "goodies" at least to satisfy that sweet tooth?

Chocolate really messes with my GERD. So I can't have it either. Maybe you could have carob? Some people think it tastes like chocolate. Not me, but some people do.

I found one chocolate that I could tolerate, but it isn't available anymore. That was the hardest thing for me to give up. :(

Chocolate really messes with my GERD. So I can't have it either. Maybe you could have carob? Some people think it tastes like chocolate. Not me, but some people do.

That's a good idea. I used to really like carob bars as a kid. It's not a migraine trigger like chocolate.

Chocolate is one of the very few things I could take or leave. If I were given a choice of chocolate or vanilla it would definitely be the vanilla. For that I am thankful! I do feel for those who love it and suffer from problems with it. :(