Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

On A Lighter Note: Happy Tropical Fish!

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing as well as can be! Hope you enjoy a light gluten free story...

My husband has a tropical saltwater aquarium. He was a bit annoyed when I asked if the flake fish food has gluten. He thought there was no way it did. A few days later he proudly held up new cans of gluten free fish food declaring that all of his previous fish food does have gluten. He promptly gathered up the old stuff and is passing the contaminated food off to friends for their non-gluten-free fishies. My husband's out of town, so I'm on fish duty. Tonight as I fed the fish their wonderful pure seaweed and brine shrimp dinner it was a feeding frenzy--it was as if the fish were saying, "This is the BEST fish food I've EVER tasted! It tastes so REAL!" They were so so happy -- clearly the fish are less foggy on a gluten free diet! It was a riot, I almost videotaped it!

Now we REALLY have a gluten-free house...us, the dog, even the aquarium fish. The pet millipede and pet worms seem to be vegetarians and sustaining themselves on dirt, bark, and various greenery.

Thinking of you all! Have a good night!

Ads by Google:

Nice story. :)

Don't you wonder why gluten is in everything? Glad your fish are loving there new food...Our pets are gluten-free too....And thanks for telling us because that is something no one would think about.. ANd celiac young kids feeding their pet goldfish could just be getting glutened by this.And parents may have a hard time figuring out the source of gluten...

Cute story but better yet is the knowledge you discovered... KUDOS...1 more source for hidden gluten exposure....

This is such a great story! It's funny how when you remove something that is truly toxic from your household everything ELSE seems to flourish, too. Thanks for sharing. :)