3 replies to this topic

#1 raea2002

raea2002

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

I feel like I'm loosing my mind. My family dr is being no help! I had her give me a referral to a GI dr and he completed and EGD and said that I have acid reflux and gastritis. He put me on previcid and told me not to take any more asprin. My gastritis is really bothering me today along with a headache. I do not feel like I can take anything for my headache. I had a blood test for celiac but it came back negative. My dr just casually said I must be gluten intolerant and didn't say another word on what to do or anything. I feel so much better when I'm not on gluten. The EGD biopsy said it was negative for celiac's but he did mention that there was a lot of erosion near where my small intestine meets with the stomach. What does all this mean? What do I do? I have a whole list of symptoms. I have bloating, IBS, lactose intolerant, acid reflux, gastritis, frequent headaches, had my galbadder removed, apendicitis, recurrent miscarriges, muscle pain, joint pain, extreme fatiuge, etc.... Any help would be great! I want my life back and my family.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lil'chefy

lil'chefy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

I feel like I'm loosing my mind. My family dr is being no help! I had her give me a referral to a GI dr and he completed and EGD and said that I have acid reflux and gastritis. He put me on previcid and told me not to take any more asprin. My gastritis is really bothering me today along with a headache. I do not feel like I can take anything for my headache. I had a blood test for celiac but it came back negative. My dr just casually said I must be gluten intolerant and didn't say another word on what to do or anything. I feel so much better when I'm not on gluten. The EGD biopsy said it was negative for celiac's but he did mention that there was a lot of erosion near where my small intestine meets with the stomach. What does all this mean? What do I do? I have a whole list of symptoms. I have bloating, IBS, lactose intolerant, acid reflux, gastritis, frequent headaches, had my galbadder removed, apendicitis, recurrent miscarriges, muscle pain, joint pain, extreme fatiuge, etc.... Any help would be great! I want my life back and my family.

Did you find one? A doctor? I so need a good knowledgable one, and I am in Dayton, OH.

#3 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

I know Columbus is a few hours away but have you looked there. I see there Doctors for all my care and they are excellent. There is Dr. Ackerman, he is the celiac expert, he has group lectures, education groups, he can do all testing for celiac and guidance for gluten intolerences. You can also be apart of his educational groups online at home.

I really recommend you look him up. He is well respected. If your insurance says he is out of network, as mine did, you can apply for financial assistance for hospital bills and physician bills.

Good Luck,

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 SeekingSarah

SeekingSarah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

I know Columbus is a few hours away but have you looked there. I see there Doctors for all my care and they are excellent. There is Dr. Ackerman, he is the celiac expert, he has group lectures, education groups, he can do all testing for celiac and guidance for gluten intolerences. You can also be apart of his educational groups online at home.

I really recommend you look him up. He is well respected. If your insurance says he is out of network, as mine did, you can apply for financial assistance for hospital bills and physician bills.

Good Luck,

Colleen

What is Dr. Akerman's first name? What hospital does he practice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: