2 replies to this topic

#1 bremac

bremac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

I live in Minneapolis now and the gluten-free offerings are abundant and I know where all of them are but am now moving to Indianapolis and am hoping someone knows the best places to go, including pizza and bakery type places if there are any.

Thanks in Advance!
Bre
Age 29
Diagnosed (blood and biopsy) in 4/01.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ndw3363

ndw3363

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

Welcome to Indy in advance! I can't really help on the bakery items because I'm mostly grain free, but we do have some great restaurants that have an abundance of gluten free offerings. Pizza - Monical's, Mellow Mushroom, Puccini's, Uno, Harry & Izzy's. Granite City also has an awesome gluten-free flat bread (I think they took it off the menu, but you can still ask for it per my conversation with the manager awhile back). My favorite restaurant is Cooper's Hawk Winery - their gluten-free menu is huge and the wine is great. I eat there all the time and have never had an issue. In the summer, you can find a lot of great gluten-free items at the various farmer's markets. I live near Carmel (far northside) and their farmer's market on Saturday mornings in the summer is great! Good luck with your move!

#3 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

Check out this link. I don't know how up to date they keep the restaraunt section, but it's a starting place. It's got both national chains and local places listed.

http://www.glutenfre...menus/index.htm
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: