17 replies to this topic

#16 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Thank you for this post Irishheart. I looked into this testing awhile ago and came to the same conclusion. It seems that it can be an expensive way to help you choose items for diet elimination/challenge studies, but that is the best way to determine if something bothers you or not.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Mefellows

Mefellows

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

How could an IgG test say that it was celiac? My daughter and I have had this done. Twice she tested positive for gluten and wheat and once for spelt. But it never said anything about celiac and now wheat, gluten and spelt are not problems for her.

It doen't say you are celiac. In fact, we don't know for sure that we are, we just suspect as the symptoms match up and it is the whole family. The test simply told us some things to try to eliminate. Eliminating gluten made a big difference. Essentially, I am saying that I am grateful for the IGG test as it led us to forums like this, and we are getting better.

#18 porkchop60c

porkchop60c

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

This article makes me angry. Says the testing may not be accurate but doesn't say why. Just like celiac testing may not be accurate. Because if you don't eat gluten prior to the test it may not be!

This article has caused people to call me crazy and say I'm am idiot for believing my test results.

I just know that I got better after the test. YMMV.

I agree. I was food tested for IGG and it helped me. I never would have figured out tapioca, turmeric, nutmeg, and artificial flavors were a problem? I know it is true because I write down everything I eat and how i feel. There was a definite connection. I did the test several months later and found out I can eat these things again, but now have problems with honey and a few other things. Meanwhile my gut is healing and eventually I will not have these food problems anymore. It is so important to rotate your food, which then you get different nutrients. I know many celiacs who are good with their diets but are still suffering from food sensitivities. They have brain fog or are easily crabby. I did the Elisa Food testing and you can go through them with your own doctor. Look up "Better Lab tests now" You get a kit and your doctor can do the blood draw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: