Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Do You Get Symptoms After Eating Casein?

5 posts in this topic

I had a gluten type reaction to eating casein. Is this pretty typical with a casein allergy? It was almost exactly the same as the gluten reaction except the pain was lower and didn't last as long.

What are you casein reaction symptoms?

Ads by Google:

I had a gluten type reaction to eating casein. Is this pretty typical with a casein allergy? It was almost exactly the same as the gluten reaction except the pain was lower and didn't last as long.

What are you casein reaction symptoms?

I cut out dairy for a while because it seemed like I was getting gluten somehow, but I was sure I wasn't. Someone here told me to go dairy free and see if it helped. It did.

A couple of days ago I used butter on a sweet potato. I got a reaction similar to my gluten one, but milder.

Hyper, refux, didn't sleep that night, followed by loose stool the next day. Got an earache too.

I know I still have a lot of healing to do, but I'm beginning to think I may not get back dairy? :(

For me, I gave up dairy before I figured out gluten but it definitely affects me. I get terrible gas and belching (sorry, TMI) and my heart rate increases. I get congested and ache all over. And it lasts for three days or so. Similar to my gluten reactions but not nearly as many symptoms. I am hoping to get at least a small amount of dairy back. It would be nice to have a little cheese or ice cream once in a while. We'll see....

Thanks for the responses. It's obvious that I need to avoid dairy. Thankfully we have rice milk and those kinds of things. Not the same I know but better than nothing. If I could just find a soy free, corn free sub. for butter...

Gas and the big D for me.