Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

You Look 10 Years Younger

23 posts in this topic

So, I run into a doctor I had consulted back in 2009 (when I was very ill)and she has trouble placing me at first, then says loudly "OMG! You look great! You look 10 years younger!!".

Thanks! (picture IH blushing)

Later, I thought about it. I was so sick, emaciated, pale, half dead, my hair had fallen out and turned white, and I looked like I was an old hag who looked 10 years OLDER than I was really was....

soooooo does that mean.....my head is working like a calculator now....3 goes into 8, minus 12...wait, wait, I've got it...!.

I look exactly the age I am now? :o Whaaa???

Damn, that's no good. That was no compliment... that was a "tie"!

A tie is like kissing your sister. Nice, but not satisfying in the ways that count!

ah well, it's better than the finger--pointing and staring I was getting for a while there. :blink:

:lol:

wait.....since I technically "lost" 4 years being sick, does that mean I can subtract those 4 years??? ... :)

Ads by Google:

You can do whatever you want :).

gluten-free peeps generally have great skin, too, so that's something to keep in mind. I hear that quite a bit not just about me but about other gluten-free peeps.

Which is great, considering all the grey hair thanks to Hashis.

I've got to find some henna mix without indigo, and soon. I've purposely gone grey for a few months to get the indigo out and I'm starting to feel old.

Was she a doc that didn't dx you correctly? Hope you clarified the reason for your renewed youth.

That's so great! I say you definately get to deduct 4 years!

Hmmm...at least you're not still aging? :unsure:

I look much older than my age right now. I got copies of my medical records because I was switching Dr.s and the new Resident assigned to me had noted that in my file, along with the previous one.

My new Dr, said I looked like someone who had lost a lot of weight, quickly.

I'm looking forward to that reverse aging I've heard about! :D

Oh..and the badonka donk butt. ;)

Was she a doc that didn't dx you correctly? Hope you clarified the reason for your renewed youth.

I found someone who uses no harsh chemicals or dyes and it works for me. No "ammonia or chemical smells" in the salon.

I went gray in my 30's <_< and I do not like it.

She knew I was DXed with celiac, but she had not seen me in 2 years.

She was a psychiatrist my PCP sent me to for xanax when I was an anxious insomniac. I told her "look I am not crazy, something is keeping me revved up and sick. I do not want drugs, I want to know what the hell is going on inside me". She believed me and tested my Vit D levels--which were tanked and then, she asked me "Do you have food intolerances, by any chance?" That's when I started doing my homework.

I called her last year after my celiac disease DX and thanked her for her suggestion and we talked at great length about it. She said she was sorry she did not think of Celiac. I said that's okay--no one else did either.

I sent her articles on celiac disease and anxiety and rapid weight loss.

She said because of me, she has started to look at her patients with anorexia, rapid weight loss and eating disorders and wondering if they too may have Celiac. She has them tested for it! She was glad I let her know.

We have "backward" birthday's around here. You can age backwards for as long as you'd like. ;)

I decide every year on my birthday how old I'll be for that year. Works great.

I found someone who uses no harsh chemicals or dyes and it works for me. No "ammonia or chemical smells" in the salon.

I went gray in my 30's <_< and I do not like it.

She knew I was DXed with celiac, but she had not seen me in 2 years.

She was a psychiatrist my PCP sent me to for xanax when I was an anxious insomniac. I told her "look I am not crazy, something is keeping me revved up and sick. I do not want drugs, I want to know what the hell is going on inside me". She believed me and tested my Vit D levels--which were tanked and then, she asked me "Do you have food intolerances, by any chance?" That's when I started doing my homework.

I called her last year after my celiac disease DX and thanked her for her suggestion and we talked at great length about it. She said she was sorry she did not think of Celiac. I said that's okay--no one else did either.

I sent her articles on celiac disease and anxiety and rapid weight loss.

She said because of me, she has started to look at her patients with anorexia, rapid weight loss and eating disorders and wondering if they too may have Celiac. She has them tested for it! She was glad I let her know.

That's fabulous.

I decide every year on my birthday how old I'll be for that year. Works great.

As I have never acted my age, looking old was just perplexing. :lol:

I liked 22.

I'll be that.

thanks, J. ;)

ahhh, but now you have to act 22. Watcha gonna do? Spend too much on clothes? Stay up late watching the whole Twilight series at once? Garish nail polish?

Oh..and the badonka donk butt. ;)

oh, that comes back!.....I used to have a big fat butt, then I had flat, fallen saggy NO butt....

now, it's not J-LO butt, but it's not so bad. :lol:

oh, that comes back!.....I used to have a big fat butt, then I had flat, fallen saggy NO butt....

now, it's not J-LO butt, but it's not so bad. :lol:

This is SO FUNNY to me, because I'm not skinny anymore, but slender. Except for my butt. The guys sure like a big butt!!!

ahhh, but now you have to act 22. Watcha gonna do? Spend too much on clothes? Stay up late watching the whole Twilight series at once? Garish nail polish?

I'm 43 and have been doing just this lately! Except watching Breaking Bad instead of Twilight. LOL! (My toenails are purple right now.) I feel 20 years younger - just like I did in college.

I've also gotten the "you look younger" comments. And "you're so much more outgoing." And "your skin looks great!" It feels nice to hear all this even though I know it means my personality had gotten way too muted, and I was reserved/quiet and looked older and had bad skin. I keep trying to focus on the positive changes and not the lost decade +. So maybe I'm really 33?!

This is SO FUNNY to me, because I'm not skinny anymore, but slender. Except for my butt. The guys sure like a big butt!!!

My hubby noticed that my butt has gotten nicer and I actually think it has. I'm not one to boast about stuff like that, but I think it looks a lot nicer. Except now that I have lost a bunch of fat off of that area, I think I get bruised from (TMI) the crazy monkey dance. lol

Did those last night...

the crazy monkey dance.

and hope to do this tonight

My hubby noticed that my butt has gotten nicer and I actually think it has. I'm not one to boast about stuff like that, but I think it looks a lot nicer. Except now that I have lost a bunch of fat off of that area, I think I get bruised from (TMI) the crazy monkey dance. lol

Not to pry, but how crazy is your monkey dance gettin?!?!? Strategically placed pillows is all I'll say, strategically placed pillows....

and hope to do this tonight

Not to pry, but how crazy is your monkey dance gettin?!?!? Strategically placed pillows is all I'll say, strategically placed pillows....

IH, you are so funny! I thought that was just what my hubby called it, never would have thought anyone would know what I was talking about.

JN, it's not that crazy. Hubs just likes to yeah, get it on! LOL Only missionary and doggy. Doggy style monkey dance. What kind of picture does that play in your head? HAHA!

um, I meant dance...as in dance.....what do you mean?? :o

IH, you are so funny! I thought that was just what my hubby called it, never would have thought anyone would know what I was talking about.

JN, it's not that crazy. Hubs just likes to yeah, get it on! LOL Only missionary and doggy. Doggy style monkey dance. What kind of picture does that play in your head? HAHA!

really? you didn't think we would "get what you meant"?? :lol:

and BTW, whoa, TMI !! B)

really? you didn't think we would "get what you meant"?? :lol:

and BTW, whoa, TMI !! B)

Idk, some people aren't all there and wouldn't think that...or their minds aren't in the gutter

Sorry about the TMI, stuff like that doesn't bother me, I'm probably a LITTLE TOO open about it.

Idk, some people aren't all there and wouldn't think that...or their minds aren't in the gutter

Sorry about the TMI, stuff like that doesn't bother me, I'm probably a LITTLE TOO open about it.

So should I not mention that's my favorite kind of .... dancing?

So should I not mention that's my favorite kind of .... dancing?

no, you can say that!!...and Dancing is good for the soul :lol:

( get it? we speak in code)