Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 JoyfulGF

JoyfulGF

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

This is exactly why my cats get shut in the bathroom at night!
Married my best friend May '08
Fertility problems since fall of 08
Lots of money spent on test after test from Thyroid problems to PCOS
Started to do my own research and journal what I ate Sept '11
Strictly Gluten free since Dec '11
Highest weight:178
Down to: 155 Yay!
Praying for a little miracle!

#3 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would laugh myself silly every morning!!
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#4 JoyfulGF

JoyfulGF

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would laugh myself silly every morning!!

I laughed so hard the first time he pulled it back and let it go! It so sounds like something my cat 'Chaos' would do, to a T!

#5 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

The world's a toy to a cat. One of my former much loved kittehs would puzzle on a Saturday morning why the alarm clock (one of those wind up bell ones - way back before the digital age :lol: ) did not go off, and we consequently did not get up and feed her. Solution: knock the clock off the dresser (always on the dresser so I had to get out to turn it off :) ) and make that durned bell ring :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

If we'd twitch in the morning my cat used to tell the dog to go wake us up, so he'd get yelled at - not her.

If that didn't work the hideous meowing would ensue.

Like fingernails down a chalk board.

Cats. Gotta love 'em because you generally can't catch them to kill them.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#7 JoyfulGF

JoyfulGF

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

The world's a toy to a cat. One of my former much loved kittehs would puzzle on a Saturday morning why the alarm clock (one of those wind up bell ones - way back before the digital age :lol: ) did not go off, and we consequently did not get up and feed her. Solution: knock the clock off the dresser (always on the dresser so I had to get out to turn it off :) ) and make that durned bell ring :D

Sounds like ours. If we're not up when they think they need to be fed, it's like the end of the world. If they hear us talk or move....they're meowing at the bathroom door (from the inside). If we leave them out at night, 'Chaos' will wake us up with several different attempts: walks all over us with his tiny little paws. All his weight is on this very small area of paw and therefore hurts. He'll eat my hair, hubs' is too short, therefore not effective enough. He'll get on the dresser and start knocking things off (do our cats know each other?) like anything little, jewelry is a popular one! Pens are a close second. He'll lick a plastic bag...urgh, I hate that! Sits in front of the dogs kennel and stares at him so that he barks at him, I then get up to get after the dog and then I'm suppose to notice the cat...haha! The other cat, Eli is very hungry too, but manages not to be so annoying!

Btw, our alarm clock is on the dresser too. Hubs makes me get up and turn it off in the morning...only way to get me out of bed.

#8 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,742 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

So funny. I have a cat I rescued last year when she was a kitten Found her in a snowbank on a frigid day in a parking lot. No footprints anywhere but where she was so someone had just dropped her off. I didn't know how she would interact with my elderly kitties or if she was lost so I let her stay in my room until I knew we would add her to the family. She also stayed there for a couple weeks after she was spayed. Thus she thinks she should still be able to be in there. She reaches under the door like the cat in the video but instead of playing with the door stop she rattles the door. I have to use a pillow braced against the door to muffle the sound a bit.
My 'favorite' trick was done by the kitty in my avatar. He had many distinctive meows including one that sounded like 'hello'. It would be vocalized at an escalating volume until I said hello back. Then he would be satisfied he knew where I was and go do something else. He passed a couple months ago and I still miss his morning greeting.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#9 JoyfulGF

JoyfulGF

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

So funny. I have a cat I rescued last year when she was a kitten Found her in a snowbank on a frigid day in a parking lot. No footprints anywhere but where she was so someone had just dropped her off. I didn't know how she would interact with my elderly kitties or if she was lost so I let her stay in my room until I knew we would add her to the family. She also stayed there for a couple weeks after she was spayed. Thus she thinks she should still be able to be in there. She reaches under the door like the cat in the video but instead of playing with the door stop she rattles the door. I have to use a pillow braced against the door to muffle the sound a bit.
My 'favorite' trick was done by the kitty in my avatar. He had many distinctive meows including one that sounded like 'hello'. It would be vocalized at an escalating volume until I said hello back. Then he would be satisfied he knew where I was and go do something else. He passed a couple months ago and I still miss his morning greeting.

I love cat stories. Cats have such personalities and they know it! Thanks for sharing about your kitties and I'm sorry to hear about your kitty boy.

My Mom rescued a cat long long time ago before my parents even met, named him Tiny, he would always come if he heard me crying or if I was hurt. When I was around 10, I flipped over my handle bars and was in the middle of the road, unconscious, Tiny was actually trying to protect me, to the point of hissing and getting mad at my Dad when he went to pick me up (my Dad ultimately wanted to kick the cat because he wouldn't let him pick me up). He died when I was 13. He was around 16 years old. The morning he died, he was above my head in my bed, kneading my hair and purring. I'll always remember that. I loved that cat. I think the most soothing sound is that of a purring cat.

I've always loved having cats and even with the heartache of losing one, I can't stand to not have them around. I'm going to go give my cats some love now.

#10 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

That video was hilarious! If it were me..I'd take that door stop off and mount it to the wall. I can't imagine waking to that at 5:00am. :blink:

#11 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

I now longer have any cat toy doorstops on any of the doors in my house. :D Mr. Bones was not on any type of schedule for making music with them. It didn't matter if it was 3 AM. :huh:

Bones also likes to have "romantic" moments with anything purple and fuzzy. He was nuetered at the time he was old enough and I have never seen or heard of cats doing this. :o
Michigan

#12 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

My thirteen year old kitty isn't as playful as she once was, but she still wakes me up every morning by gently patting my cheek (without claws extended). The NEXT time I get a cat I will NOT feed her first thing after waking up! A friend of mine feeds his cat AFTER he's been up for a while so his cat doesn't bother him when he's sleeping.

Another thing I've decided is that when my sweet Grommitt goes, the next cat will be an older one. When my Mom died I had a hard time finding a good home for her older cat. Eventually I found a GREAT home for her, but it wasn't easy.

I'm close to 60 now and seeing an indoor cat can live for over 20 years, if I get a kitten, someone will probably have to find that kitten a home after I die. So I will go to our no-kill shelter and get an older cat who has lost HER Mom.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#13 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Great video--thanks for sharing! :lol: I laughed my head off.

Our cat Bella wakes us up at 5 am by licking hub's head. She wants to go outside. Hubs wakes up laughing at least.

Our cat Thor could open closed doors by turning the doorknobs with her paws. If I had not seen it myself, I would doubt it possible.

Our cat Maeve was the instigator. In the wee hours of the morning, she would nudge the dog, Gracie (a 75 lb. lab) right off her dog bed, which woke her up, which woke us up and got HER yelled at. I only figured it out when I happened to be awake when she came in one morning and watched her "technique". Little sh*t!

I swear you could hear that cat snickering to herself as she walked down the hall.....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#14 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

Molly wakes me up by patting my on the back -- with all her claws out. Seeing as this frequently gets the response "we're still sleeping", she's trying a new approach, claws in the armpit. Yowch!
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#15 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Molly wakes me up by patting my on the back -- with all her claws out. Seeing as this frequently gets the response "we're still sleeping", she's trying a new approach, claws in the armpit. Yowch!

:lol: well, J ....you gotta admire her tenacity ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: