This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

If You Own A Cat...

JoyfulGF

JoyfulGF Apprentice

You will laugh at this one!

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JoyfulGF Apprentice

This is exactly why my cats get shut in the bathroom at night!

Jestgar Rising Star

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would laugh myself silly every morning!!

JoyfulGF Apprentice

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would laugh myself silly every morning!!

I laughed so hard the first time he pulled it back and let it go! It so sounds like something my cat 'Chaos' would do, to a T!

mushroom Proficient

The world's a toy to a cat. One of my former much loved kittehs would puzzle on a Saturday morning why the alarm clock (one of those wind up bell ones - way back before the digital age :lol: ) did not go off, and we consequently did not get up and feed her. Solution: knock the clock off the dresser (always on the dresser so I had to get out to turn it off :) ) and make that durned bell ring :D

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

If we'd twitch in the morning my cat used to tell the dog to go wake us up, so he'd get yelled at - not her.

If that didn't work the hideous meowing would ensue.

Like fingernails down a chalk board.

Cats. Gotta love 'em because you generally can't catch them to kill them.

JoyfulGF Apprentice

The world's a toy to a cat. One of my former much loved kittehs would puzzle on a Saturday morning why the alarm clock (one of those wind up bell ones - way back before the digital age :lol: ) did not go off, and we consequently did not get up and feed her. Solution: knock the clock off the dresser (always on the dresser so I had to get out to turn it off :) ) and make that durned bell ring :D

Sounds like ours. If we're not up when they think they need to be fed, it's like the end of the world. If they hear us talk or move....they're meowing at the bathroom door (from the inside). If we leave them out at night, 'Chaos' will wake us up with several different attempts: walks all over us with his tiny little paws. All his weight is on this very small area of paw and therefore hurts. He'll eat my hair, hubs' is too short, therefore not effective enough. He'll get on the dresser and start knocking things off (do our cats know each other?) like anything little, jewelry is a popular one! Pens are a close second. He'll lick a plastic bag...urgh, I hate that! Sits in front of the dogs kennel and stares at him so that he barks at him, I then get up to get after the dog and then I'm suppose to notice the cat...haha! The other cat, Eli is very hungry too, but manages not to be so annoying!

Btw, our alarm clock is on the dresser too. Hubs makes me get up and turn it off in the morning...only way to get me out of bed.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

So funny. I have a cat I rescued last year when she was a kitten Found her in a snowbank on a frigid day in a parking lot. No footprints anywhere but where she was so someone had just dropped her off. I didn't know how she would interact with my elderly kitties or if she was lost so I let her stay in my room until I knew we would add her to the family. She also stayed there for a couple weeks after she was spayed. Thus she thinks she should still be able to be in there. She reaches under the door like the cat in the video but instead of playing with the door stop she rattles the door. I have to use a pillow braced against the door to muffle the sound a bit.

My 'favorite' trick was done by the kitty in my avatar. He had many distinctive meows including one that sounded like 'hello'. It would be vocalized at an escalating volume until I said hello back. Then he would be satisfied he knew where I was and go do something else. He passed a couple months ago and I still miss his morning greeting.

JoyfulGF Apprentice

So funny. I have a cat I rescued last year when she was a kitten Found her in a snowbank on a frigid day in a parking lot. No footprints anywhere but where she was so someone had just dropped her off. I didn't know how she would interact with my elderly kitties or if she was lost so I let her stay in my room until I knew we would add her to the family. She also stayed there for a couple weeks after she was spayed. Thus she thinks she should still be able to be in there. She reaches under the door like the cat in the video but instead of playing with the door stop she rattles the door. I have to use a pillow braced against the door to muffle the sound a bit.

My 'favorite' trick was done by the kitty in my avatar. He had many distinctive meows including one that sounded like 'hello'. It would be vocalized at an escalating volume until I said hello back. Then he would be satisfied he knew where I was and go do something else. He passed a couple months ago and I still miss his morning greeting.

I love cat stories. Cats have such personalities and they know it! Thanks for sharing about your kitties and I'm sorry to hear about your kitty boy.

My Mom rescued a cat long long time ago before my parents even met, named him Tiny, he would always come if he heard me crying or if I was hurt. When I was around 10, I flipped over my handle bars and was in the middle of the road, unconscious, Tiny was actually trying to protect me, to the point of hissing and getting mad at my Dad when he went to pick me up (my Dad ultimately wanted to kick the cat because he wouldn't let him pick me up). He died when I was 13. He was around 16 years old. The morning he died, he was above my head in my bed, kneading my hair and purring. I'll always remember that. I loved that cat. I think the most soothing sound is that of a purring cat.

I've always loved having cats and even with the heartache of losing one, I can't stand to not have them around. I'm going to go give my cats some love now.

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

That video was hilarious! If it were me..I'd take that door stop off and mount it to the wall. I can't imagine waking to that at 5:00am. :blink:

mommida Enthusiast

I now longer have any cat toy doorstops on any of the doors in my house. :D Mr. Bones was not on any type of schedule for making music with them. It didn't matter if it was 3 AM. :huh:

Bones also likes to have "romantic" moments with anything purple and fuzzy. He was nuetered at the time he was old enough and I have never seen or heard of cats doing this. :o

bartfull Rising Star

My thirteen year old kitty isn't as playful as she once was, but she still wakes me up every morning by gently patting my cheek (without claws extended). The NEXT time I get a cat I will NOT feed her first thing after waking up! A friend of mine feeds his cat AFTER he's been up for a while so his cat doesn't bother him when he's sleeping.

Another thing I've decided is that when my sweet Grommitt goes, the next cat will be an older one. When my Mom died I had a hard time finding a good home for her older cat. Eventually I found a GREAT home for her, but it wasn't easy.

I'm close to 60 now and seeing an indoor cat can live for over 20 years, if I get a kitten, someone will probably have to find that kitten a home after I die. So I will go to our no-kill shelter and get an older cat who has lost HER Mom.

IrishHeart Veteran

Great video--thanks for sharing! :lol: I laughed my head off.

Our cat Bella wakes us up at 5 am by licking hub's head. She wants to go outside. Hubs wakes up laughing at least.

Our cat Thor could open closed doors by turning the doorknobs with her paws. If I had not seen it myself, I would doubt it possible.

Our cat Maeve was the instigator. In the wee hours of the morning, she would nudge the dog, Gracie (a 75 lb. lab) right off her dog bed, which woke her up, which woke us up and got HER yelled at. I only figured it out when I happened to be awake when she came in one morning and watched her "technique". Little sh*t!

I swear you could hear that cat snickering to herself as she walked down the hall.....

Jestgar Rising Star

Molly wakes me up by patting my on the back -- with all her claws out. Seeing as this frequently gets the response "we're still sleeping", she's trying a new approach, claws in the armpit. Yowch!

IrishHeart Veteran

Molly wakes me up by patting my on the back -- with all her claws out. Seeing as this frequently gets the response "we're still sleeping", she's trying a new approach, claws in the armpit. Yowch!

:lol: well, J ....you gotta admire her tenacity ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hysterical!! And the kitty looks just like my cat :D

squirmingitch Veteran

I laughed & laughed & laughed. Thanks!

Archived