Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Two Months Gluten Free, Still Have Issues

38 posts in this topic

He did say I could just stop it...I don't know if it was because I was on a low dose? 25 mg.

Thanks for chatting w me about this. :-)

Ads by Google:

If you just started it, yes, you can stop it but if you have been taking it for a while, you need to ramp down.

I really think you are just still pretty rocky right now, hon.

I never take anything to stop the D when I get it (which is rare now), I want whatever is giving me grief OUT :lol: , but if you need to take something, Pepto Bismal is okay.

Just don't freak when you see the black stool that results. It's just what happens from that stuff.

He has ruled out other bowel diseases, right?

I guess? I had a colonoscopy in addition to the upper endoscopy. Had a ct scan...normal. Have been treated for small intestine bacterial overgrowth. He's calling it ibs but idk.

I guess? I had a colonoscopy in addition to the upper endoscopy. Had a ct scan...normal. Have been treated for small intestine bacterial overgrowth. He's calling it ibs but idk.

When was the SIBO treated?

Early to mid march

Early to mid march

with what Cipro? how long?

Did he say that would be enough?

Rifaxim for 10 days. I have thought about asking him to treat it again, although he has never done the breath test for it. Diagnosed based on symptoms.

Rifaxim for 10 days. I have thought about asking him to treat it again, although he has never done the breath test for it. Diagnosed based on symptoms.

Okay, so he treated it without testing for it. No follow up?

But it was an antibiotic, so now you need PRObiotics. okay?

Maybe you are having some die off?

Stay the course, hon. Drink a lot of water so you do not get dehydrated. Avoid too much sugary stuff like brownies for now and if you still have problems, go back and see him.

Hope you feel better in a day or two. Periods can wreak extra havoc for sure.

Well I had a follow up appointment and I told him I had felt better on the antibiotic. I'll give it a day or two and then contact him again I guess. Thanks for your help!

Well I had a follow up appointment and I told him I had felt better on the antibiotic. I'll give it a day or two and then contact him again I guess. Thanks for your help!

Wish I had more answers for you, but you are right in wanting to make sure you're on the right path here. Give him a call.

I hope you feel better soon!

What sort of digestive enzymes do you use? Just curious, something I was looking at.

Thanks!

I use Digest Gold by Enzymedica.