Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Beware B Vitamin Toxicity!

52 posts in this topic

It still makes me mad that I suffered with really bad gallbladder pain/nausea before I was DXed Celiac. I got an ultrasound which showed no stones, and from then on my comlaints fell on deaf ears. My Dr. actually yelled at me "there's absolutely nothing wrong with your gallbladder!"

It's shocking to me how many Dr.s don't think to order the HIDA scan! When I got my test results back I wanted to go back to that stupid Dr. and smack him over the head with the results. :angry:

I'm glad you knew what test to ask for. We can't just rely on the Dr.s to have all of the answers. It's good that we share here. :D

Ads by Google:

Although this thread is a little old, I was glad it was here! I just came back from my new Dr's office and found out that I have over-supplemented Vitamin B12. I have some "toxic" side-effects, mainly "joint pain" popping up in my extremities. The Dr. and I both think because excess Vit B12 can be stored in the liver, and my major issue with Celiac has been my liver enzymes, this may be causing the problem. At any rate my liver enzymes are almost normal now!! They were well over 100 and now to 40 on AST and 42 on ALT. Whew!

So, on this information provided, please do make sure as you supplement that the Dr. is testing appropriately and you let them know any possible side-effects you are experiencing. (I thought somehow, I had been glutened, thankfully not the case)

As my body is still continuing to heal, my glucose is good, my cholesterol keeps jumping around...lol! This time my LDL was lower, my HDL higher, but also my triglycerides were higher...ugh.. In the meantime, I sure have been sleeping better and no pain in my right side anymore!! (last night I slept for 7 hours straight!) It has been over 12 years since that has happened.

Oh, and the many recipes here are so helpful, I even have my neighbor, who loves to cook making some of the special treats for me!! :)