#1 Bella001

Bella001

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hello!

Does anybody have a list, that is current, of gluten free alcohol by type or brand? I'm searching now and finding a lot of outdated info and conflicting information as well. We are taking a vacation to Key West in three weeks and I'd like to drink something other than wine. I will not and do not drink Vodka. It makes me sick. I'm normally a rum and juice kinda gal : )

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Anybody that has been to The Keys recently that has anything to add, feel free! We rented a condo w/ a full kitchen.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hello!

Does anybody have a list, that is current, of gluten free alcohol by type or brand? I'm searching now and finding a lot of outdated info and conflicting information as well. We are taking a vacation to Key West in three weeks and I'd like to drink something other than wine. I will not and do not drink Vodka. It makes me sick. I'm normally a rum and juice kinda gal : )

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Anybody that has been to The Keys recently that has anything to add, feel free! We rented a condo w/ a full kitchen.

ALL distilled alcohols are gluten free. Wine is gluten free. I would stay away from flavored liquor, unless you have contacted to manufacturer.

If you're going to the Key's Rum and Coke might be in order. Have fun! B)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

I've yet to find a rum that isn't gluten-free. Bacardi's definitely is, but so are better ones.

richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: