This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Feel Like I've Been Glutened

squirmingitch

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Periods of quite weak & shaky. Some dizzy but much better than yesterday. Not nearly as much brain fog. Woke up twice last night itching but it wasn't so bad & got right back to sleep. 1 new blister today & that's all. Lots of general body aches, bones, muscles, joints. Couldn't get enough to eat this morning --- like a bottomless pit. Makes me wonder if there's such a thing as sals withdrawal. But the best part is the unreasoning anger is gone. YAY!

Glad you're doing better.

Your anger is gone because I have it. Of course, I have pms and feel like I want to kill people and cry at the same time.

And if someone doesn't produce some chocolate and a cheeseburger I'm going to go off the rails.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

squirmingitch Veteran

Awwww Prickly. (((HUGS))) I'm so sorry. Don't you just hate that anger crap? You know you have it, you know it's unreasonable, yet you just can't seem to control it.

I hope you feel better soon!

Awwww Prickly. (((HUGS))) I'm so sorry. Don't you just hate that anger crap? You know you have it, you know it's unreasonable, yet you just can't seem to control it.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you, I will!

As soon as I chop up all the people I live with and make soup from their bones...:).

I explained to hubs that I wanted to gut him...for no particular reason except that he was breathing and nearby. Poor guy got insulted.

I do like my dog, except when he breathes and wants to touch me.

It's so dang hot here! I got a razor burn heat rash under my arms yesterday and started having a DH freak-out moment.

Yes, I need chocolate. STAT!

Sigh. If we were near each other I could cook 20 lbs. of food and we could eat it and be miserable together. And drink vodka.

squirmingitch Veteran

Thank you, I will!

As soon as I chop up all the people I live with and make soup from their bones...:).

I explained to hubs that I wanted to gut him...for no particular reason except that he was breathing and nearby. Poor guy got insulted.

I do like my dog, except when he breathes and wants to touch me.

It's so dang hot here! I got a razor burn heat rash under my arms yesterday and started having a DH freak-out moment.

Yes, I need chocolate. STAT!

Sigh. If we were near each other I could cook 20 lbs. of food and we could eat it and be miserable together. And drink vodka.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I actually surprised myself when this last episode began to get bad by sitting my hubs down & telling him I wanted to have a talk with him. I told him what was going on & that I would want to kill him so he'd better stay out of my way & out of the kitchen when I'm in it. He heeded my warning & even appreciated that I gave it. WOW!

How about chocolate vodka?????? YUM! Your mention of a cheeseburger brought to mind the smell of a BK grill on a cold day with that scent wafting through the air. I gotta stop thinking about that.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I actually surprised myself when this last episode began to get bad by sitting my hubs down & telling him I wanted to have a talk with him. I told him what was going on & that I would want to kill him so he'd better stay out of my way & out of the kitchen when I'm in it. He heeded my warning & even appreciated that I gave it. WOW!

How about chocolate vodka?????? YUM! Your mention of a cheeseburger brought to mind the smell of a BK grill on a cold day with that scent wafting through the air. I gotta stop thinking about that.

I haven't found a flavored "safe" vodka that doesn't give me a headache.

BK doesn't do it for me. I'll take a homemade one!

And I'll eat my chocolate :).

dani nero Community Regular

You two are having fun over here. I want in!

I don't drink though.. I'm no fun I guess :-)

So glad to hear you're feeling better Squirming! We barely ever know what it is that is going on in our bodies sadly, but I checked my food diary to see if my symptoms resemble yours now.. To sum it up, I had fatigue, sores, moodswings, cold symptoms as well as infections, itching and bloat before removing sals, and then there is emphasis on super fatigue and some dizziness the days after together with some of the previous symptoms. Perhaps it was a bad sals attack and not glutening.. it is a sals intolerance after all, and this means it will hopefully go away quickly :-)

I don't know why but I try to remain optimistic as long as there is no swelling. Swelling to me indicates long-term symptoms.

PricklyPear! I'm also going to get my period very soon, and I've been a nasty grouch monster for the past few days! I'm not nice to my hubs at all, and I boycotted any kissing until my gluten symptoms are gone(his punishment for bringing the gluten into the house).. I am being very careful with my bunny though because he's too sensitive haha :-)

I got my period on the 25th last month, but it seems that the times are shifting every month.. maybe my body is shifting to it's natural time of the month!

Lisa Mentor

....sitting my hubs down & telling him I wanted to have a talk with him.

OH NO! The dreaded "sit down we need to talk" talk. I bet he was so relieved that it was just about a glutening. :D:D:D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Dani, we always need a sane and sober person to drive :).

I dont normally pms that badly but my doc put me on that dang estrogen/progesterone cream and it is terrible. I stopped it a few days ago because it's time for my period and I had terrible ovarian pain (it's the estrogen not the progesterone doing this).

I don't think I'm doing the estrogen next month. I'll go back to just progesterone.

Anyhow ...I think the whole ai thing makes pms worse sometimes for me. I also had/have Endo so that's another thing...and all ai is supposed to be worse at certain times of your cycle....

I'm just a bundle of joy.

I remember I had terrible dizziness, vertigo, racing heart, paranoia, anger, sadness (duh, my pits were on FIRE) etc. when first going gluten-free if I did something that activated my DH. I don't know what was the chicken or the egg, but generally the DH came with an assortment of joyous problems.

Hubs is a saint (and a live one because I haven't gutted him).

squirmingitch Veteran

I haven't found a flavored "safe" vodka that doesn't give me a headache.

BK doesn't do it for me. I'll take a homemade one!

And I'll eat my chocolate :).

I haven't tried any of the flavored Vodka at all. It just sounds nice.

BK never did do it for me but the smell wafting on the breeze can send me.

So what will you cook while I keep the drinks flowing?

squirmingitch Veteran

You two are having fun over here. I want in!

I don't drink though.. I'm no fun I guess :-)

So glad to hear you're feeling better Squirming! We barely ever know what it is that is going on in our bodies sadly, but I checked my food diary to see if my symptoms resemble yours now.. To sum it up, I had fatigue, sores, moodswings, cold symptoms as well as infections, itching and bloat before removing sals, and then there is emphasis on super fatigue and some dizziness the days after together with some of the previous symptoms. Perhaps it was a bad sals attack and not glutening.. it is a sals intolerance after all, and this means it will hopefully go away quickly :-)

I don't know why but I try to remain optimistic as long as there is no swelling. Swelling to me indicates long-term symptoms.

PricklyPear! I'm also going to get my period very soon, and I've been a nasty grouch monster for the past few days! I'm not nice to my hubs at all, and I boycotted any kissing until my gluten symptoms are gone(his punishment for bringing the gluten into the house).. I am being very careful with my bunny though because he's too sensitive haha :-)

I got my period on the 25th last month, but it seems that the times are shifting every month.. maybe my body is shifting to it's natural time of the month!

But I've been low sals sooo......

You can come play & have fun anytime you want to Dani!smile.gif

Your hubs deserves not to get kisses since he was responsible for being a bad boy & getting you glutened. What kind of bunny do you have?

squirmingitch Veteran

OH NO! The dreaded "sit down we need to talk" talk. I bet he was so relieved that it was just about a glutening. :D:D:D

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha Ohhhhh, that is a funny thought but after 38 yrs. we know each other better than that I guess.

Dani, we always need a sane and sober person to drive :).

I dont normally pms that badly but my doc put me on that dang estrogen/progesterone cream and it is terrible. I stopped it a few days ago because it's time for my period and I had terrible ovarian pain (it's the estrogen not the progesterone doing this).

I don't think I'm doing the estrogen next month. I'll go back to just progesterone.

Anyhow ...I think the whole ai thing makes pms worse sometimes for me. I also had/have Endo so that's another thing...and all ai is supposed to be worse at certain times of your cycle....

I'm just a bundle of joy.

I remember I had terrible dizziness, vertigo, racing heart, paranoia, anger, sadness (duh, my pits were on FIRE) etc. when first going gluten-free if I did something that activated my DH. I don't know what was the chicken or the egg, but generally the DH came with an assortment of joyous problems.

Hubs is a saint (and a live one because I haven't gutted him).

Oh.. hormone treatment is not a walk in the park :-( *big hug*

Why do you need it, and is it permanent if you don't mind me asking (you don't have to tell though :-)

Speaking of racing heart, mine is usually kindof calm, but I notice sometimes that it gets louder (I feel it beating) and not racing but faster than usual (around 70 bpm) together with shallow brearh.. do you have idea if this is normal or should I be paying attention to it?

Sorry for deviating from your subject!

I haven't tried any of the flavored Vodka at all. It just sounds nice.

BK never did do it for me but the smell wafting on the breeze can send me.

So what will you cook while I keep the drinks flowing?

Quinoa and tumbleweeds.

Nah, too hot for anything...I'm into kabobs lately. Lundberg has a great "roasted brown rice couscous" that is very good. so how bout kabobs, couscous, some low-sal veggies (you'll have to help on that one) on the grill?

Or a freakin cheeseburger. Are there any gluten-free buns you can have? If not, wrap it in lettuce!

But I've been low sals sooo......

You can come play & have fun anytime you want to Dani!smile.gif

Your hubs deserves not to get kisses since he was responsible for being a bad boy & getting you glutened. What kind of bunny do you have?

He's a Netherland dwarf / lionhead mix :-)

I guess that even if sals are cumulative, the symptoms don't get that bad unless you've been having a mountain of them daily.

squirmingitch Veteran

Quinoa and tumbleweeds.

Nah, too hot for anything...I'm into kabobs lately. Lundberg has a great "roasted brown rice couscous" that is very good. so how bout kabobs, couscous, some low-sal veggies (you'll have to help on that one) on the grill?

Or a freakin cheeseburger. Are there any gluten-free buns you can have? If not, wrap it in lettuce!

I can have a freakin cheeseburger! Okay, here's where you start gagging -- b/c I LOVE Glutino Flax Bread & I'll eat my cheeseburger on it thank you very much!

Kabobs sound good too! Low sal veggies suck. There aren't any! Green beans -- you can get tired of those real quick.

Dani, I'm not a big drinker either. Partly due to the fact that beer tore me up so badly as a teen. I just never got into drinking that much. Then too, remember what was oh so popular back then (early 70's). Who needed to drink? But I haven't done that in 30 some odd years. So now I drink some. Found out I happen to like Vodka. A body has to have some vices.biggrin.gif

Gals, I never felt so liberated as when I had a hysterectomy at age 37. WOW! What a feeling! No more periods. I never did PMS really --- lucky I guess. Very little in the way of cramps also. But OHHHHHHHHHH just wait till menopause kicks in. Can you say "Axe Murderess"? And the JOY of hot flashes. OMG! See, I still have my ovaries so menopause was not to be sidetracked. I remember one instance when I had my nightie on & happened to be in the bathroom when a massive hot flash happened. It was so strong that I just sat down on the floor. I sweated so bad that not only was my hair & skin & nightie dripping but when I stood up there was such a pool of sweat on the floor that you wouldn't believe! And during the night ---- it soaks your sheets. I guess it's like PMS gone wild X 100.

squirmingitch Veteran

He's a Netherland dwarf / lionhead mix :-)

I guess that even if sals are cumulative, the symptoms don't get that bad unless you've been having a mountain of them daily.

I know what Netherland dwarf's are. I never heard of a lionhead. I'll have to Google it.

Archived