2 replies to this topic

#1 CeliacFashionista

CeliacFashionista

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

I just bought this at trader joe's and I am not sure if it is giving me a reaction or not. Has anyone had any problems with this salsa?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Christygee

Christygee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

I just bought this at trader joe's and I am not sure if it is giving me a reaction or not. Has anyone had any problems with this salsa?

Yes! I'm almost entirely certain that TJ's salsa gives me reactions. I tried it last night for the second time and I woke up this morning feeling very, very glutened. The only thing about my meal last night that was different from usual is that I included TJ's salsa verde. When I had my glutened symptoms the first time I tried it, I had some other salsa (I forget which one) by them. If it's not the salsas giving me these reactions, I have no idea what it could have been.  :unsure:

#3 jebby

jebby

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

No, but I got very, very ill from one of their tomato sauces last fall which was marked "no gluten ingredients." I contacted Trader Joe's after I was glutened and found out that the sauce was made on shared equipment with wheat containing products but did not have their "shared equipment with wheat" warning on in. The best way to find out would be to call them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: