Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten,candy,cigarettes!

6 posts in this topic

Info:

1. My family is a mix of me, my son, my boyfriend, his daughter, Jared the cat, and really happy fish the fish.....names kids come up for animals :P All gluten eaters thus far.

2. I work 40 hrs a week as a cook at the hospital

3. It's 3 o clock in the morning

4. I got glutened yesterday from a dang Reese's!

So I work a lot at very strenuous job and get to watch people eating all kinds of food I can't eat everyday. I'm over that pretty much. After having a very stressful week with the kids yesterday was my day off and I only had one kid with me so I thought hey I'll have a Reese's and relax today. Heck no! Got glutened and was sick all day! Now I'm up at three o clock in the morning with my dh itching like crazy and can't sleep!!! Outside smoking a cigarette as I write this and thinking about my mom always telling me how bad they are for me.....I know they're bad the whole world knows they're bad! But right now I feel like I can't quit cause I've given up everything for my children and now delicious foods! Sometimes I feel like I want to throw y body I the trash! This disease is so dang hard sometimes!!!!

As I'm reading this I feel sort of ashamed.. :(

Don't get me wrong I LOVE LOVE being a mom and love my family very much just need to get it out to people who understand so well :(

Hopefully u don't all think I'm a terrible person <_<

Ads by Google:

Sorry you are having a bad time right now, hon!

((hug)) No one thinks you are a terrible person for letting off steam--not at all.

We get to vent on here!! :)

Reese's cups are gluten free.

Your symptoms are not coming from that. Your DH may be flaring from other causes. You might want to look at the threads under DH for some ideas?

You mention you work in food service.....and live with gluten eaters (even the fish probably have gluteny food.)

Those factors are the more likely sources of cross contamination.

Hopefully, your symptoms will subside soon. I know how hard it is to deal with all this.

And yes, you really should quit smoking as it serves no purpose for you to work so hard to get healthy and damage your lungs and heart in the meantime.

But I won't bug you about that too much (nothing worse than an ex-smoker preaching to you! :) ) You will quit when you're ready. One thing at a time.

Hang in there. Hope you feel better soon!

Info:

1. My family is a mix of me, my son, my boyfriend, his daughter, Jared the cat, and really happy fish the fish.....names kids come up for animals :P All gluten eaters thus far.

So I work a lot at very strenuous job and get to watch people eating all kinds of food I can't eat everyday. I'm over that pretty much. After having a very stressful week with the kids yesterday was my day off and I only had one kid with me so I thought hey I'll have a Reese's and relax today. Heck no! Got glutened and was sick all day! Now I'm up at three o clock in the morning with my dh itching like crazy and can't sleep!!! Outside smoking a cigarette as I write this and thinking about my mom always telling me how bad they are for me.....I know they're bad the whole world knows they're bad! But right now I feel like I can't quit cause I've given up everything for my children and now delicious foods! Sometimes I feel like I want to throw y body I the trash! This disease is so dang hard sometimes!!!!

Don't get me wrong I LOVE LOVE being a mom and love my family very much just need to get it out to people who understand so well :(

(((hugs))) It sounds like you're really having a tough time right now? I've heard that the holiday PB cups may have gluten cc. Is that what you ate?

It must be awfully hard to work around food and not eat it? Are you sure something didn't "get you" at work? Sometimes symptoms are delayed.

Just trying to help you think..so whatever it was dosn't getcha again.

I'm an ex-smoker so I understand the stress of quitting. I also understand your feelings of being deprived of things..and smoking is just one more thing to add to the list. However, once you've settled into the diet and feeling more sure of yourself..you really should try. :D You knew somebody was gonna nag you on that right? :D LOL

I'm sorry you are feeling bad. As we all told you on your thread about Reeses, they are gluten free. Its possible something else got you - like work or the gluten eaters in your home. Sometimes we can't ever exactly trace the source. Just some crumbs you didn't see, someone used your Peanut butter by mistake, etc.

I think you should continue smoking. A year from now, when you have the gluten thing figured out at your home & work, then you work on quiting.

Have you read the DH threads? Many people say iodine agravates it, especially in the beginning. Alos, some find a little relief with ointments that have a numbing agent in them or Ora-gel (for toothaches) which has the numbing stuff in it.

I'm sorry you are feeling bad. As we all told you on your thread about Reeses, they are gluten free. Its possible something else got you - like work or the gluten eaters in your home. Sometimes we can't ever exactly trace the source. Just some crumbs you didn't see, someone used your Peanut butter by mistake, etc.

I think you should continue smoking. A year from now, when you have the gluten thing figured out at your home & work, then you work on quiting.

Have you read the DH threads? Many people say iodine agravates it, especially in the beginning. Alos, some find a little relief with ointments that have a numbing agent in them or Ora-gel (for toothaches) which has the numbing stuff in it.

:D:):lol: you guys are all so amazing! I don't know what I would do without having this place to vent. Today so far is going much better! The itchies have settled down and I'm watching a movie with my little one. Thanks for the hugs :D here's a hug back to all of you!

Info:

Sorry you are having a bad day. I hope tomorrow is better. As someone else said, Reeses are gluten free but they do have other triggers in then. So something else in the Reeses could have set off the attack.

I am a smoker too. Right now while I am getting a handle on the gluten free and trying to figure out what else might be causing problems, I am waiting to try and quit. I am tackling one thing at a time.